Welcome back to all students, staff and families for Term 3. We have enjoyed a relatively smooth start to the first week back with students settling into their class routines and programs.
I am honoured to have been appointed as the principal of Craigburn Primary School, having worked in the acting principal and deputy role for many years. I am very much humbled by the support and kind messages I have received from parents, students and staff. Thank you 🙂
I am passionate about leading our school into the future and look forward to working alongside our dedicated staff and partnering with supportive parents and community members. Most importantly, I Iook forward to further working with, and learning alongside the wonderful students at Craigburn.
The Term Ahead
Term 3 promises to be a busy one with the following events and activities:
- Pedal Prix – Sunday 30th July
- School Photos – Tuesday 1st August
- Performing Arts Showcase – Wednesday 9th August
- School Photos – Make Up Day – Tuesday 15th August
- Book Week Performance – Thursday 17th August
- School Tour for Prospective Families – Wednesday 23rd August
- SAPSASA District Athletics – Wednesday 23rd August
- Fathers Day Stall – Wednesday 30th August
- Book Fair Starts – Wednesday 30th August
- Footsteps Dance Program starts – Thursday 31st August
- Show Day – School Closure – Friday 1st September
- Year 3/4 Camp – Douglas Scrub –
- Festival Choir Rehearsal and Performance – Friday 15th September
- Pedal Prix 24hour event at Murray Bridge – 23rd and 24th September
Please keep in check with our school calendar.
We look forward to an enjoyable and rewarding term ahead.
Trevor Arney will continue in his current role as Deputy Principal for the remainder of the year, which includes teaching the B9 Year 5 class for two days each week, working with Tamsar Bellette.
Year 1 Teacher Adriana Mezic is on short term leave for the first two weeks of this term and we welcome Jackie Nelson to this class.
We welcome back:
- Stephanie Hook (Year 1) after most of Term 2 away recovering from knee surgery.
- Specialist Science Teacher, John Spurr who was on leave for the last four weeks of Term 2.
Performing Arts Showcase
Students involved in Junior & Senior Choirs, Yr 4/5 & Yr 6/7 Percussion Ensemble, Ukulele Class Performance and Individual Dance & Instrumental Items will be showcasing their talents their families on Wednesday 9th August in the School Hall from 11.30am to 1.00pm. Families of students involved in the showcase are invited to attend.
Our Senior Choir’s major performance is at the Entertainment Centre on Friday 15th September with 44 students performing.
Over the last weekend we experienced some vandalism and graffiti to three classrooms and school buildings. Police Security patrols and security measures have been put in place, which we hope will act as a deterrent and prevent future incidents.
School photos are scheduled for next Tuesday 1st August. Students are expected to wear correct school uniform. If you have not received a photo pack, please contact the front office.
Pedal Prix Race
The Craigburn Crew’sers will be in action at Victoria Park this coming Sunday 30th July. Feel free to drop in to support and cheer on the team.