Today, students attended their new class for 2018 and met with their new teacher/s and classmates. It was good to see students and teachers engaging in some fun introductory activities and joining in positive conversation when meeting together for the first time.
We welcome five new teaching staff to Craigburn for 2018.
Tahlia Woolford has been appointed to a 12 month position at our school and will be part of the Reception teaching team. Tahlia has been recently working in the early years at Unley Primary School and is excited about her placement at Craigburn.
Nardene Manna also joins our Reception teaching team for 12 months having worked at Hawthorndene Primary School for the last few years. Nardene too, is thrilled to be joining us and along with Tahlia and has already visited and met with our current Reception teachers in preparation for 2018.
Amy Bennett has been appointed to Craigburn and will join the Year 3/4 teaching team. This position is held against Chantelle McMahon who will have the first term on leave. Over the last 12 months Amy has worked in a number of southern area schools as well as working in the far north of the state at Indulkana Anangu School. Amy is an ex-Craigburn student and is excited to be working as a teacher at her ‘old primary school.’
We welcome Pearl Somerset-Swanson to Craigburn, who joins us in an ongoing position. Pearl has been teaching at Braeview School and is very much looking forward to joining us in 2018 and teaching in the Year 3/4 team. Pearl is getting married in the holidays and will become Mrs Pearl Abram.
Elizabeth McDonald will be with us as our Performing Arts Teacher for Terms 1 and 2, whilst Kerry Rayner is on long service leave. Elizabeth is highly skilled and accredited in music teaching and is looking forward to working with us.
We are fortunate to retain the excellent services of the following teachers who will be continuing in contract positions for 2018 – Janis O’Keefe, Tamsar Bellette and Jodie Fischer.
We are waiting on news from the DECD staffing team who will be confirming the senior leader position soon.
Teaching Staff List for 2018 – including class structures and locations
- Reception – Miss Tahlia Woolford – D20
- Reception – Mrs Lynne Grimmer – D21
- Reception – Ms Nardene Manna – D22
- Year 1 – Mrs Stephanie Hook – E23
- Year 1 – Mrs Adriana Mezic (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs) and Mrs Karen Prideaux (Fridays) – E24
- Year 1 – Miss Terri Green – E25
- Year 2 – Miss Anita Pinkster – A1
- Year 2 – Miss Renae Humphrys – A3
- Year 2 – Miss Lisa Sporn – A4
- Year 3/4 – Miss Pearl Somerset-Swanson (to be Mrs Abram next year) – A6
- Year 3/4 – Mrs Janis O’Keefe – C17
- Year 3/4 – Mrs Veronica Khalaf – C15
- Year 3/4 – Mr Mike Hanna – C16
- Year 3/4 – Miss Amy Bennett – C14 Terms 1 (against Miss Chantelle McMahon)
- Year 5 – Mrs Rebecca Hepworth – B11
- Year 5 – Mrs Tamsar Bellette D18
- Year 5/6 – Miss Jodie Fischer – B8
- Year 6/7 – Mrs Hazel Robertson – B11
- Year 6/7 – Miss Andrea Grant (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) and Mr John Spurr (Wednesdays) – B12
- Year 6/7 – Mr Mark Lemmey – B13
- Elizabeth McDonald – Terms 1 and 2 (Kerry Rayner) – Performing Arts
- Karen Pettman – Physical Education
- Carly Smith – German
- Extra Specialist Roles – to be announced.
Farewells and Teachers on Leave
We say farewell to Trevor Arney who has been in the Deputy Principal role this year as well as teaching alongside Tamsar Bellette in a Year 5 class. We thank Trevor for his work at Craigburn and wish him all the best for next year.
Kristen Bowden is leaving us after 3 years as a contract teacher. Kristen has been appointed to an ongoing teaching position at Belair School. We thank Kristen for her efforts over this time and especially the enthusiasm and teacher leadership she has brought to the Garden Club.
As mentioned before the following teachers will be on leave for part of, or all of next year.
- Genna Dow – living and teaching in the UK next year.
- Emma Harry – on maternity / parenting leave all year.
- Kerry Rayner – on long service leave for Terms 1 and 2
Chantelle McMahon continues her leave from teaching duties in Term 1.