As you would be aware Craigburn Primary School launched a voluntary BYO iPad program for students in Years 2 – 7 in early 2016. Throughout the program we have experienced many successes while also finding some challenges along the way.
There are currently over 250 students (Years 2-7) who have taken up the program and whose families have participated in parent information / induction sessions.
We have recently updated our BYO iPad Program for 2018 (click here) and are continuing to the implement the program across Years 2 – 7.
Parent Induction Sessions
- Induction sessions are designed for families of students in Years 2 – 7, who:
- would like their child to participate in the program
- whose child / children already participates – and would like a refresher course
- would like their child to participate but have not yet purchased an iPad
- Induction sessions are offered on the following dates/times:
- Friday 9th February – 9.00m – 10.00am – morning session – staffroom
- Wednesday 14th February – 9.00am – 10.0am – morning session – staffroom
- Monday 19th February – 6.00pm – 7.00pm – evening session – staffroom
- Please note:
- At least one parent / carer is required to attend. It is not essential that two parents attend.
- Only one induction session needs to be attended by parents if more than one child is participating in the program.
- Students are not required to attend the induction session.
- Further induction sessions will be available on a needs basis. Please contact the school if these dates are unsuitable to arrange an alternative time
- At the Induction session, parents will be introduced to and stepped through a ‘BYO iPad Program iTunes U Course’ – designed to provide both the parent/s and the child with immediate and easy access to the following information and resources:
- Setting up the iPad ready for school
- School, Parent and Student Expectations – including acceptable use agreement
- A required core Apps List
- Maintenance and Care
- Digital Citizenship and Cybersafety
- iPad Tips and Tricks
Register your attendance at one of these sessions via the online registration form – click link or contact the school front office – 82704144