A big ‘shout out’ and well done to our cricketers and swimmers who competed in Sapsasa events last week, with Cricket on Thursday morning and Swimming at the Marion Aquatics Centre. A great opportunity for students to showcase their sporting talents and represent their school. A big thank you to supporting parents and teachers too.
Congratulations to this year’s Sports Day House Captains,who once again, do a fabulous job preparing their teams for the big day on Friday 23rd March.
This week we host our first team assemblies for the year, where students and classes get to share their learning achievements with each other and visiting families. We understand that it’s not always possible for family members to make these times, however when you can attend them, your support is always valued and appreciated.
Later in March (Wednesday 28th) we host the first in a series of three parent seminars by leading parent coach, mentor and educator, Mark Le Messurier. See the recent news post for details including registration. These will prove very popular.
Reminder – this coming Friday 9 March is our first Pupil Free Day for the year. Our staff will be joining in with 300 educators from across our local partnership of schools and preschools at Morphetville Racecourse, participating in a conference on Learning Design.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
- Monday 5/3
- Choir Cluster Rehearsals
- Annual General Meeting – details here.
- Wednesday 7/3
- Team Assemblies – Reception / Year 1 at 2.15pm and Years 2, 3, 4 at 10.00am – in the school hall.
- Friday 9/3
- Student Free Day (all schools in our Partnership of schools participating in joint PD Day)
- Friday 16/3
- Team Assemblies – Year 5/6/7 at 2.00pm
- Friday 23/3
- School Week 8 – Sports Day
- Friday 28/3
Posts To Note
- Team Assemblies – dates / time for various teams.
- ICAS Competitions for students in Years 2-7
- Coles Sports for Schools promotion
- Festival of Music Choir promotion of Music Troupe
- Second-hand Uniform Shop Hours
- Sapsasa Cross Country
- Students Arriving Early – Quite a number of students are continuing to arrive at school prior to 8.30am, which is the time when teachers begin duty. We kindly ask parents to support our arrival to school procedure. Note, our OSHC service is available from 7.00am.
- Hats and Cords – Last year we were instructed by DECD to send a note to parents re the removal of draw cords from school hats for safety reasons. We ask new and old families to reference this information here.