The Hub Library offers a number of after school programs designed to encourage and support literacy and learning. This term we are launching a new program Words and Phrases – a monthly club where young people interested in writing can come together to improve their creative writing skills and share their favourite novels and authors.
Words and phrases creative writing group (new this term)
- Improve your writing skills and have fun with words!
- Sessions will include activities designed to improve your creative writing and poetry skills with opportunities to share your favourite authors and novels.
- Materials provided.Third Friday of every month beginning 18 May, 4-5pm. For ages 10+
- A series of 3 workshops where students will use computer-aided design technology to create an object that will be printed using the 3D printer. Participants will build on their skills over the 3 week course.
- Facilitated by Dominic McNamara from DomSTEM.
- Wednesday 23 May, 30 May, 6 June 5.30-7pm.
- Cost: $20 to be paid at the first workshop (includes all 3 workshops).
- An exciting space for young people to explore technology related activities including circuitry, 3D printing, coding, virtual reality and more.
- Tuesdays 3.30-4.30pm during school term
- Best suited for ages 8-12 years.
- Lego building fun!
- Thursdays 3.30-4.30pm during school term.
- For all ages.
Anime & Manga club
- Do you love Manga & anime? Join us each month to draw, make, watch and have fun!
- First Thursday of every month – next session is 3 May 2018.
- For ages 12+