- A big shout out to our Pedal Prix team, the Craigburn Crew’sers who competed in this year’s first race at Loxton over the weekend. There are many behind the scenes tasks that need to be organised and managed to prepare the team for racing, so a special mention to Mr Lemmey and supporting families for your efforts. Go Crew’sers.
- Special thanks to parents who supported the Reception – Year 2 swimming program last week – your help was greatly appreciated by our teachers.
- This Thursday morning, 10 May – our annual Mothers Day Stall is on – special mention and thanks to our parent helpers who coordinate this highly valued event.
- Best wishes to our Cross Country runners who have been expertly coached by Stuart Knuckey. The team will be competing at Belair National Park on Friday.
- Nominate, celebrate and recognise an outstanding educator in the 2018 Public Education Awards.
- We have already received some positive feedback re the changes to the Drop Off and Pick Up Zone. Despite the Council not having yet changed the signage, the flow of traffic in this area prior to school dismissal over last week, has been noticeably better.
Best wishes to all families and friends for the week ahead.
- Thursday 10/4
- Mothers Day Stall
- Friday 11/5
- Sapsasa District Cross Country
- Tuesday 15/5 to Wednesday 17/5
- NAPLAN for students in Years 3, 5 and 7
- Tuesday 22/5
- Senior Choir Assessment
- Wednesday 23/5
- 10.00am – Year 2, 3, 4 Team Assembly
- 2.15pm – Reception to Year 1 Team Assembly
- 7.00pm – Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminar
- Friday 25/5
- School Discos – details to come
- Wednesday 30/5
- School Group Tour for prospective families
- Numbers are building for the two parent seminars we are hosting this term with Mark Le Messurier. Click the date links below for more details including how to register.
- From the beginning of this term, the Drop Off & Pick Up Zone (off Murrays Hill Rd) will display updated signage informing motorists that parking in this zone will be restricted to 2 minutes only from 2.3opm to 3.30pm (note change from 3.00pm to 2.30pm). This is a recommended change by traffic engineers from the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal. Traffic rangers will be monitoring the area. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child / children. Please refer to separate blog post.
- Please check in with our school calendar to keep informed and updated with Term 2 programs and events, including: International Competitions and Assessments (ICAS) for students who have entered these challenges, Pedal Prix (Year 6/7), NAPLAN tests in Week 3, SAPSASA Cross Country, Mothers Day Stall, Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminars, School Disco (25 May), Team Assemblies in Weeks 4 and 8 and a highlight for our Year 7 students, being the Camp to Canberra. Teachers will be busy from mid-term onward writing mid-term reports.