- Congratulations to our Cross Country team who competed at Sapsasa Southern Heights Cross Country event at Belair National Park on Friday. It was a very successful day with 33 Craigburn students braving the cold wet weather, running 2.5 and 3km with the support of their peers cheering each other on down the home straight. A huge thank you to Stuart Knuckey for training the students for one of our best results yet, with 7 students gaining selection into the district team to compete at Oakbank Racecourse for state day in June. Thanks also to Leonie and Kelly for marshalling during the day and all parents for supporting the students. Congratulations to Galen, Alyssa, Coby, Sophia, Hugh, Tiana and Maddie on selection into the district team. (Special thanks to our PE teacher, Mrs Pettman for coordinating the team).
- A big happy Mothers Day to all the Craigburn mums – we hope you were pleasantly surprised with a something special from your child / children. Thank you to all the parent helpers who ran the Mothers Day stall last week. Great work.
- Please consider nominating, celebrating and recognising an outstanding educator in the 2018 Public Education Awards.
- Thanks again to all families and friends who use the Pick Up Zone off Murrays Hill Rd in the afternoon. The flow of traffic in this area prior to school dismissal over the last two weeks, has been noticeably smooth. If you haven’t caught up with the changes, here they are – Drop Off and Pick Up Zone.
- NAPLAN tests are happening this week – check out these posts for further details.
Best wishes to all families and friends for the week ahead.
- Monday 14/5
- Parent and Community (Fundraising) Committee Meeting 6.00pm
- Environment Committee Meeting 7.00pm.
- Tuesday 15/5 to Wednesday 17/5
- NAPLAN for students in Years 3, 5 and 7
- Wednesday 17/5
- Yea7 Canberra Camp Meeting – 7.00pm
- Tuesday 22/5
- Senior Choir Assessment
- Wednesday 23/5
- 10.00am – Year 2, 3, 4 Team Assembly
- 2.15pm – Reception to Year 1 Team Assembly
- 7.00pm – Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminar
- Friday 25/5
- School Discos – details to come
- Wednesday 30/5
- School Group Tour for prospective families
- Numbers are building for the two parent seminars we are hosting this term with Mark Le Messurier. Click the date links below for more details including how to register.
- From the beginning of this term, the Drop Off & Pick Up Zone (off Murrays Hill Rd) will display updated signage informing motorists that parking in this zone will be restricted to 2 minutes only from 2.3opm to 3.30pm (note change from 3.00pm to 2.30pm). This is a recommended change by traffic engineers from the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal. Traffic rangers will be monitoring the area. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child / children. Please refer to separate blog post.
- Please check in with our school calendar to keep informed and updated with Term 2 programs and events, including: International Competitions and Assessments (ICAS) for students who have entered these challenges, Pedal Prix (Year 6/7), NAPLAN tests in Week 3, SAPSASA Cross Country, Mothers Day Stall, Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminars, School Disco (25 May), Team Assemblies in Weeks 4 and 8 and a highlight for our Year 7 students, being the Camp to Canberra. Teachers will be busy from mid-term onward writing mid-term reports.