- to all families and friends who came along to last week’s team assemblies – your attendance and support is alway appreciated.
- to parents and friends who attended the parent seminar run by Mark Le Messurier on Wednesday evening. Mark’s third and final session at Craigburn for 2018 will be held on Wednesday 20th June – information and registration details here.
- to all students and parent helpers who attended last Friday evening’s disco and the lunchtime disco for Reception students – great to see everyone dressed in a splash of yellow, raising and supporting awareness of cancer – special thanks also to DJ Jesse and Brendon.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
- Monday 28/5
- Reconciliation Week begins
- Wednesday 30/5
- School Group Tour for prospective families
- Sunday 3/6 – Thursday 7/6
- Year 7 Canberra Camp
- Saturday 9/6 – Monday 11/6
- Queens Birthday long weekend
To Note / Reminders
- Recent News Posts to check
- Excellent articles re parenting can be accessed via the team from Developing Minds – eg 10 ideas for less meltdowns in children with emotional and behavioural challenges when screens are turned off.
- Please consider nominating, celebrating and recognising an outstanding educator in the 2018 Public Education Awards.
- Final Mark Le Messurier parent seminar.
- Wednesday 20th June – Topic: The ‘art’ Of Using Emotionally Connecting Language With Our Kids – Especially In The Trickier Times!
- Students leaving school walking / riding home – it’s great to see many students who either walk or ride their bike to school. Just a few reminders for parents / carers to pass on to children:
- students should not be riding bikes / scooters in the school grounds. Please remind your child/ren about wearing a helmet as it is a safety issue.
- when walking home we ask our students to safely cross roads (use pedestrian / school crossing) and to be respectful of neighbouring residents and motorists.