Congratulations and Well Done
- To the students, staff and families who participated in the Korean Homestay program over the last three weeks. Special mention to Hazel Robertson who coordinated the inaugural homestay program which proved to be a highly enjoyable, successful and rewarding experience for all involved. We look forward to continuing the program in 2019.
- To the authors / illustrators who joined us on Thursday for our annual book week incursion. Special thanks to local authors and Craigburn parents, Kelly Hibbert and Adam Cece and as well to visiting illustrators Amanda Graham (and author) and Claire Richards and to author Allayne Webster – we enjoyed learning about children’s book authoring and illustrating. It was great to see students / classes engaged in the day’s activities. Thank you to Sue Jones for coordinating the program. Also, a ‘plug’ for ex-Craigburn parent and author Charlie Archbold who was the recipient of an honour award in the Children’s Book Council of Australia Awards for her novel, Mallee Boys.
- To all classes for sharing their learning at team assemblies last week and to those students who received assembly awards.
- As part of last week’s science week, buddy classes and students were busy creating models of reef animals, which must have at least one moving part – to be shared at our whole school assembly on Tuesday afternoon.
- Book Week Dress Up Day this coming Friday with the Theme of Find Your Treasure – Whole School Assembly from 9.15am.
- Best wishes to our Craigburn athletes competing in the District Athletics Day on Wednesday.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul Luke – Principal
- Monday 20/8
- Book Week Officially Starts
- Footsteps Starts – Reception to Year 7
- Wednesday 22/8
- School Tour
- SAPSASA District Athletics
- Friday 24/8
- Book Week Dress Up Day and Assembly at 9.15am
- Monday 27/7 – Wednesday 29/7
- Year 3/4 Camp at Woodhouse
- Thursday 30/8
- Fathers Day Stall
- Friday 31/8
- School Closure / Show Day
- Monday 3/9
- Pupil Free Day
- Sunday 9/9
- Tournament of Minds – Flinders University
- Wednesday 12/9
- Year 2/3/4 Assembly 10.00am
- Reception / Year 1 Assembly 2.15pm
- Friday 14/9
- Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly
- Monday 17/9
- Governing Council
- Wednesday 19/9
- Festival of Music – Rehearsal Morning / Performance Evening
- Saturday 22/9 Sunday 23/9
- Pedal Prix – Murray Bridge
- Friday 28/9
- Last Day of Term 3
- Fathers Day Stall is around the corner – Thursday 30th August
- School Closure 31/8 and Pupil Free Day 3/9
- To support our planning for 2019, for students / families who will be not be with us at Craigburn in 2019, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- Craigburn Beanies – still available for purchase.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced during Term 2.