Congratulations and Well Done
- To all students, staff and families who supported and participated in this year’s Book Week activities, which culminated in a fun Book Week dress up day on Friday. It is rewarding to see such positive community spirit in these whole school events.
- To the 44 students who represented Craigburn at the District Athletics carnival at Santos Stadium last Wednesday. Students are to be congratulated on their high level of sportsmanship displayed throughout the day. Our best results in quite a few years with 15 students finishing in the top 4 places of their events. With the Southern Heights team to be finalised, Craigburn is looking like having at least 7 students in the District team after their 1st place wins in their events. Thank you to the parents that supported the students on the day and special thanks to Mrs Pettman for coordinating and leading the team.
- To our Year 3/4 students, teachers and parent volunteers who embark on their camp to Woodhouse this week.
- Reminder – this coming Friday 31st August is a School Closure Day (Royal Adelaide Show) with Monday 3rd September being a pupil-free day. Note, OSHC will not open on Friday, however, will be open on Monday. We understand that during Show Week many families may choose to attend the Show on a day that suits individual circumstances (eg family, weather).
- Best wishes and Happy Fathers Day for next Sunday – to all Craigburn fathers (uncles, grandfathers, brothers etc) who play an important role in your child’s / children’s lives. We once again thank our Fundraising Team and volunteer parents for organising the annual Father’s Day Stall which is set for Thursday this week – a great opportunity for our young people to purchase a small gift or two for that important person.
- This week is the last week of Winter – as per our Sun Smart policy, school hats (no cords) are to be worn at school beginning Tuesday 4th September.
- This week is Parents in Education (PiE) Week where the department has coordinated a speaker program – being a series of free parenting seminars presented by education experts. Each seminar is different, but they all focus on the importance of getting involved in your child’s learning from birth through school. You’ll also get some practical advice about how to support your child’s education. These events can also be accessed via livestream.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul Luke – Principal
- Monday 27/8 – Wednesday 29/8
- Year 3/4 Camp at Woodhouse
- Monday 27/8
- Festival of Choir Rehearsals – Magic Millions
- Wednesday 29/8
- Year 2 Excursion to Urrbrae Wetlands
- Thursday 30/8
- Fathers Day Stall
- Friday 31/8
- School Closure / Show Day
- Monday 3/9
- Pupil Free Day
- Sunday 9/9
- Tournament of Minds – Flinders University
- Wednesday 12/9
- Year 2/3/4 Assembly 10.00am
- Reception / Year 1 Assembly 2.15pm
- Friday 14/9
- Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly
- Monday 17/9
- Governing Council
- Wednesday 19/9
- Festival of Music – Rehearsal Morning / Performance Evening
- Saturday 22/9 Sunday 23/9
- Pedal Prix – Murray Bridge
- Friday 28/9
- Last Day of Term 3
- School Closure 31/8 and Pupil Free Day 3/9
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be unsupervised on school grounds prior to this time.
- NetSetGo – Netball – starting soon- details here.
- To support our planning for 2019, for students / families who will be not be with us at Craigburn in 2019, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- Craigburn Beanies – still available for purchase.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced.