Congratulations, Well Done and Thanks
- Thanks again to the Parent Fundraising Team for organising and running the annual Fathers Day Stall on Thursday. We hope all Dads (grandpas, uncles, important males in your lives) were treated to a special day on Sunday.
- To the Year 3/4 teaching team, parent volunteers and students who attended the camp at Woodhouse Activity Centre last week. I had the pleasure of visiting the campsite on Tuesday afternoon and observed how much enjoyment was being had by students, staff and the parents. A big thank you to the teachers who attended the camp with special mention to Veronica Khalaf who expertly coordinated and organised the camp. Special thanks too, to the volunteer parents for taking time out of their own family / work lives to support and make the camp a successful one. We are fortunate to have such terrific school and family support for school camps, which can have such a positive influence on: relationships, the development of social, independence and decision making skills, environmental awareness and more.
- Thanks to the Year 2 team and supporting parents who attended the Urrbrae Wetlands Field trip last Wednesday. An enriching experience for all.
- Thanks to all families who visited the book fair over book week period – once again proving very popular.
- Great work by The Green Team, receiving their encouragement award from the City of Onkaparinga – pics shared on Facebook.
- Well done to all involved in a successful season of winter sport (Soccer and Netball) which comes to a close. Thank you to all coaches, managers and supporters for your efforts, and not forgetting the players who have represented their school with pride.
- Year 7 to High School – The Department for Education on has provided the following information in regard to Year 7 students moving to high school:
- South Australian Year 7 public school students will be taught in high school from Term 1, 2022.
- There will be no change for year 7 students in 2019.
- Consideration is being given as to our approach in 2020 and 2021.
- More information around timing will be provided by the end of 2018.
- This week is Asthma Awareness Week – Asthma is a condition that affects most Australians, two-thirds in fact! Despite this, there are many misconceptions about this chronic disease. We want everyone in the community to know about asthma, good asthma control and prevention. We want everyone in the community to be empowered to take steps to prevent and treat their asthma and to educate others, But we can’t do it alone. This Asthma Week, Busting Asthma Myths focuses on five facts about asthma along with new data on Australians perceptions and misperceptions about asthma.
- Please take time to read the latest post re Bushfires and Your Child’s School
- Monday 3/9
- Pupil Free Day
- Sunday 9/9
- Tournament of Minds – Flinders University
- Wednesday 12/9
- Year 2/3/4 Assembly 10.00am
- Reception / Year 1 Assembly 2.15pm
- Friday 14/9
- Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly
- Monday 17/9
- Governing Council
- Wednesday 19/9
- Festival of Music – Rehearsal Morning / Performance Evening
- Saturday 22/9 Sunday 23/9
- Pedal Prix – Murray Bridge
- Friday 28/9
- Last Day of Term 3
- School Closure 31/8 and Pupil Free Day 3/9
- School opens at 8.30am –Students are able to come onto school grounds from 8.30am when staff are on duty. We ask all parents and caregivers for their support.
- NetSetGo – Netball – starting soon- details here.
- To support our planning for 2019, for students / families who will be not be with us at Craigburn in 2019, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- As per our Sun Smart policy, school hats (no cords) are to be worn at school starting this week.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced during Term 2.