- To our Senior Choir who will be performing at the Festival Theatre on Wednesday evening. Special thanks to Performing Arts teacher Elizabeth McDonald and Felicity Williams (accompanist) for their efforts and work in preparing the students all year. Also to students, Jasmine (South Troupe) and Natalie (Solo Performance) for their parts in the Festival of Music program.
- To the Craigburn Crew’sers for their final Pedal Prix (24 hour) event at Murray Bridge next weekend Saturday and Sunday. Go Crew’sers.
Thanks, Congratulations and Well Done
- To all students / classes who shared their learning at last week’s team assemblies and to all families and friends who came along to support them.
- To the two Tournament of Minds teams, which participated in the annual Tournament of Minds competition last Sunday. There are two elements to this problem solving competition: a short spontaneous challenge which is unseen until the day and a long term challenge which is solved over six weeks. One of our teams took part in The Arts challenge, where they had to create and perform an across-generational musical along the theme of freedom. The second team took part in the STEM challenge which involved inventing a new species of animal which blended the attributes of three existing animal phyla. Although neither team progressed to the finals, all of the students developed their teamwork, problem solving and creativity skills whilst having great fun.
- To all seventeen students from Years 3 to 7, who took part in the six ICAS competitions this year in digital technologies, science, writing, spelling, reading and maths.These competitions are highly regarded by participating families and the students enjoy the extra educational challenge. Although not all the results are in, Craigburn students have done very well, with many merit and distinction certificates being awarded.
- 2018 NAPLAN test results for students in Years 3, 5 and 7 will be sent home later this week.
- Monday 17/9
- Governing Council
- Wednesday 19/9
- Festival of Music – Rehearsal Morning / Performance Evening
- Saturday 22/9 Sunday 23/9
- Pedal Prix – Murray Bridge
- Friday 28/9
- Last Day of Term 3 – normal dismissal
- The Performing Arts Showcase is set for Thursday 27 September (last week of term) – great talent on show. For further information and to register your attendance – please check in here
- School opens at 8.30am –Students are able to come onto school grounds from 8.30am when staff are on duty. We ask all parents and caregivers for their support.
- To support our planning for 2019, for students / families who will be not be with us at Craigburn in 2019, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced.