We have a growing number of clothing and personal items (eg drink bottles), in our Lost Property area.
We do our best to reunite any lost / misplaced items with their rightful owner, which works well when items are clearly labelled with the student’s name. We also recognise that replacing lost school and personal items such as uniforms, hats, lunch boxes, drink bottles and toys can be expensive and time consuming.
We remind families of these guidelines, to assist students / families to retrieve lost or misplaced items.
- If students lose an item, they should firstly look in the room /area where they believe their property was left or last seen.
- If they do not find their property they should then go to the Lost Property area in near the Front Office.
- Lost property with name tags / labels are generally returned to their rightful owner .
- Lost property that is handed and unlabelled are moved to the Lost Property area, located in the hallway.
- At the end of each term all lost property will be disposed of.
- Please remember there are over 500 students at Craigburn wearing the same uniform. We cannot recognise items as belonging to a particular person if they are not labelled.
- If items are labelled, they can be promptly returned to its owner via our Front Office Staff, thus avoiding distress and a costly replacement.
- Labelling uniform is very easy to do, name tapes are best, even iron-on tapes, however, if you do not have these, just write on the label with a good quality laundry marker pen or permanent marker pen. Please use full name or initial and surname, rather than just a first name e.g. J Jones is much better than John. Washing does erase marker pens, so please check that your child’s name has not faded on their belongings.
- If you require further information regarding lost property please contact the front office.
Thank you for your support.