The 2018 school year is quickly drawing to a close with the final week ahead being a busy one. Thank you for taking time to read through this week’s weekly wrap.
- Well done and congratulations to all students who participated in Craigburn’s Got Talent last Tuesday. All performances were enjoyed and appreciated by students, staff and families.
- Thank you to the parents and friends who were able to come along and join in the volunteers morning tea on Thursday. We are fortunate to have high levels of community support at Craigburn.
- Despite the very hot weather, we finished the week off with Drink for Drink Day. The smoothie bike proved to be a big success.
- Celebration Night
- We look forward to seeing families and friends at our annual Celebration Night on Monday evening. The weather forecast looks perfect.
- Students are required to be at their classrooms by no later than 6.00pm. Prior to the students performing we are delighted to have ex-Craigburn student, Georgia Carey, who will entertain us with a few songs.
- We ask families to be considerate of local traffic and parking rules and to be especially mindful not to park / block access to local residents’ driveways.
- Please bring along a few gold coins for the Celebration Night booklet (with Christmas Carols) and also for the Christmas Raffle. The Canteen will be providing a sausage sizzle / cool drinks from 5.00pm.
- Christmas Raffle – thanks for the donations (due at school by Monday morning) – tickets on sale on the evening.
- Christmas Appeal Casual Day – details here.
- Year 7 Graduation
- At this time of the year, we say farewell to our Year 7 students (and some families too) who will participate in a Graduation dinner and ceremony on Wednesday evening 12th December.
- This is a special time for students, staff and families where we acknowledge and celebrate the participation of all Year 7 students who have been a central part of our school community over many years.
- End of Year Assembly
- We will have our traditional ‘End of Year Assembly’ at 10.00am on Friday 14th December.
- This is a time where we show gratitude for our collective work and efforts throughout the year, as well as farewelling our Year 7 students and other students / staff who are leaving.
- All parents and friends are welcome to attend.
The Week Ahead / Key Dates to Remember
- 10/12 Celebration Night
- 11/12 Reception – Year 2 Fun Day
- 11/12 Casual Clothes Day / Salvation Army Christmas Appeal
- 12/12 Students meet new classes for 2019 – Class Placements / End of Year Reports sent home
- 12/12 Year 7 Graduation Dinner / Ceremony
- 14/12 Last Day of School – End of Year Assembly 10.00am – Early Dismissal 12.30pm
- 29/01/2019 First Day back at school
- 08/03/2019 Student Free Day – Friday 8th March
- Please don’t forget that student dismissal is at 12.30pm on the last day of term – Friday 14th December. The Governing Council has endorsed this early dismissal as per previous years. The OSHC service will available from this time.
- Recent Principal News Post
- Bushfire Ready Procedures.
- OSHC Parent Handbook and Enrolment form update
- Last Day Dismissal – Friday 14/12 – 12.30pm
- OSHC Service available from 12.30pm Friday – bookings required.
- OSHC Vacation Care for 2018 / 19 – contact OSHC for details and bookings.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply if heading outside for long periods of time.
- Going somewhere or staying with us in 2019? Please let us know if you are leaving by contacting the office on 8270 4144 or by email email@example.com
Best wishes to all for the last week of the 2018 school year and for the forthcoming school holidays and new year.
Regards, Paul Luke, Principal