As you would be aware Craigburn Primary School launched a voluntary BYO iPad program for students in Years 2 – 7 in early 2016. Throughout the program we have experienced many successes whilst also finding some challenges along the way.
There are currently over 250 students (Years 2-7) who have taken up the program and whose families have participated in parent information / induction sessions.
We are currently updating our BYO iPad Program for 2019 and are continuing to the implement the program across Years 2 – 7.
To participate in this program we ask all families to participate in a parent induction session at school.
Parent induction sessions will be communicated through the school news blog in the coming days.
- At least one parent / carer is required to attend. It is not essential that two parents attend.
- Only one induction session needs to be attended by parents if more than one child is participating in the program.
- Students are not required to attend the induction session.
- Further induction sessions will be available on a needs basis. Please contact the school if these dates are unsuitable to arrange an alternative time.
At the Induction session, parents will be introduced to, and stepped through a ‘BYO iPad Program iTunes U Course’ – designed to provide both the parent/s and the child with immediate and easy access to the following information and resources:
- Setting up the iPad ready for school
- School, Parent and Student Expectations – including acceptable use agreement
- A required core Apps List
- Maintenance and Care
- Digital Citizenship and Cybersafety
- iPad Tips and Tricks