In visiting classes over the last fortnight it has been pleasing to see a deliberate and explicit focus on team bonding activities and building positive relationships among students and staff. These relationships will be further enriched on Tuesday for our annual Acquaintance Evening where we look forward to connecting with families. There will be a free sausage sizzle (drinks at small price) available from 5.00pm, with classes opened from 5.30pm through to 7.00pm.
Best wishes to all for Acquaintance Evening and the week ahead.
The following Monday 18/2 we have our Annual General Meeting and on Wednesday 20/2 the KidzBiz parent seminar, Overexposed and Under Prepared. Please check the recent posts for more information on these events.
Thank you to those of you who have already indicated your willingness to volunteer at school, which is greatly valued and appreciated. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year.
- Parenting Article – Upset Kids? What to Ask – From Developing Minds
- Basketball Registrations due asap
- Code Like a Girl
The Week Ahead
- Tuesday 12/2
- Acquaintance Evening 5:30 – 7.00pm – Sausage Sizzle from 5.00pm
- Wednesday 13/2
- iPad Parent Induction Session 6.00 – 7.00pm – staff room
- Friday 14/2
- iPad Parent Induction Session 9.00 – 10.00am staff room
- Thursday 21/2
- iPad Parent Induction Session 6:00 – 7.00pm – staff room
Important Dates and Events for Term 1
- Tuesday 12th February – Acquaintance Evening – details here
- Wednesday 13th February – BYO iPad Parent Induction Session 6.00pm – 7.00am – staffroom
- Friday 15th February –BYO iPad Parent Induction Session – 9.00m – 10.00am – staffroom
- Monday 18th February – school photos for new students and staff
- Monday 18th February – 6.30pm – Annual General Meeting
- Wednesday 20 February – Kidz Biz Parent Workshop – Overdeveloped and Under Exposed – 6.30pm – 8.00pm
- Thursday 21st February – BYO iPad Parent Induction Session – 3.30pm – 4.30pm – staffroom
- Friday 8th March – Student Free Day
- Monday 11th March – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Wednesday 13th March – Team Assemblies – R/1 classes from 2.15pm and Year 2/3/4 classes from 10.00am
- Wednesday 20th March – Harmony Day
- Friday 22nd March – Sports Day
- Monday 25th March Swimming and Aquatics Week- Years 3/4/5 Swimming and Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Monday 1st April – Student-led Conferences begin.
Recent Posts You Might Have Missed
- Term 1 Sports Update
- SAPSASA Sports
- BYO iPad Induction Updates
- AGM – Monday 18th February
- School Dental Service Clinics
- School Choirs
- Instrumental Music
- Are you using Qkr!
- Parking outside or near to school
- Cricket Registration Reminder
- Acquaintance Evening 2019
- Volunteer Procedures – details here.
- Kidz Biz Education – Parent Workshop – ‘Overexposed & Under-Prepared’
- Early Morning Arrival – Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time. Classrooms are generally opened from 8:40am and students may enter the buildings to put away their bags, talk to the teacher and get organised for the day. The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the school day.