- Thank you to the parents and staff who attended our Annual General Meeting sharing in the highlights and achievements of the 2018 school year. Thanks also to Senior Leader, Nicky Taylor for sharing her teaching background, passion for learning and the importance of the General Capabilities in children’s learning.
- A small, but highly interested and engaged group of parents attended the Kidz Biz Parent Seminar – Over Exposed and Under Prepared – with presenter Wendy Hill, professionally covering a sensitive topic.
- 10x R – 2 teachers / support staff attended 2 day professional learning in InitiaLit – synthetic phonics program. Andrea Grant and Lisa Sporn attended 2 day STEM workshop and two teachers / support staff attended early intervention maths PD.
- Congratulations to Craigburn siblings, Jessica and Elliot featuring in the Makers Empire news – sharing their entrepreneurial talents with 3D Printing. A fabulous story well worth a read. Well done Jessica and Elliot.
- Congratulations to all students who tried out for their respective House Teams in the lead up to Sports Day on Friday 22nd March, with special acknowledgement to the students chosen to be house team leaders. Further details here.
The Week Ahead
- On Monday, I will be attending the State Education Leaders Day at the Convention Centre, with keynote presentations from:
- Professor Andreas Schleicher, the Director of Education and Skills Directorate OECD – World Class – International research and SA context.
- Dr Jim Watterston, Dean, Melbourne Graduate School of Education – A National Perspective.
- Tuesday 26/2
- Leadership team attending department Literacy Summit.
- Sprint Run Offs for Sports Day
- Adelaide Crows Female Footy Clinic
- Wednesday 27/2
- 9.15am School Group Tour
- Friday 1/3
- Growth and Development Sessions for Years 6/7
- SAPSASA Swimming – Evening at Marion
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
- Friday 1st March – SAPSASA Swimming Carnival
- Monday 4th March – Governing Council Meeting
- Friday 8th March – Student Free Day
- Monday 11th March – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Wednesday 13th March – Team Assemblies – R/1 and Year 2/3/4 classes
- Wednesday 20th March – Harmony Day
- Friday 22nd March – Sports Day
- Monday 25th March Swimming and Aquatics Week- Years 3/4/5 Swimming and Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Monday 1st April – Student-led Conferences begin.
- Tuesday 9th April – Police Band Performance
- Friday 12th April – Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Volunteer Award
- Sports Day House Captains
- AGM Meeting
- Disability Policy and Programs – Parent Forum
- Mitcham Girls High School – Information Evening
- Brighton High School – Volleyball Trials
- Festival of Music – Guest Artists
- Brighton High School – Special Interest Music
- SAPSASA Cross Country Carnival
- Thank you to those of you who have already indicated your willingness to volunteer at school, which is greatly valued and appreciated. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year.
- Hats and Cords – We remind new and old families of the ‘no cords on hats’ directive from the department two years ago – please reference this information here.
- Reminder – this Friday 8th March is our first Pupil Free Day for the year. Our staff will be joining in with 300 educators from across our local partnership of schools and preschools at Morphettville Racecourse, participating in a teaching and learning conference. OSHC will be open for bookings.