- Students and staff survived the extreme heat – staying mostly indoors in the latter part of the week. We are hoping for a much cooler week ahead.
- House Teams met in the lead up to Sports Day, with team leaders leading house chants and health hustle practice.
- Congratulations and well done to the students who represented Craigburn on Friday evening at the School Sports Swimming Carnival at the Marion Aquatics Centre. Thank you to Mrs Pettman for coordinating the team and to supporting parents.
Sports Day – Shout Out
- This year we are aiming to provide more shade and seating for families strategically placed around the oval.
- If any families have portable shade shelters for us to use on the day – please let us know by contacting the front office in person / phone or by the admin email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to the families who have already provided this feedback and offered to help.
- Next week on Wednesday 13th March, we host our first team assemblies for the year, where students and classes get to share their learning achievements with each other and families.
- Please check in with the recent post, Team Assemblies, for dates / times.
- We understand that it’s not always possible for family members to make these times, however when you can attend them, your support is always valued and appreciated by the students and staff.
Reminder – Student Free Day
- This Friday 8th March is our first Pupil Free Day for the year. Our staff will be joining in with 300 educators from across our local partnership of schools and preschools at Morphettville Racecourse, participating in a teaching and learning conference. OSHC will be open for bookings.
Best wishes to all for the week and long weekend ahead.
The Week Ahead
- Monday 4/3
- Governing Council Meeting
- Tuesday 5/3
- House Teams meeting
- Thursday 7/3
- Growth and Development Sessions for Years 6/7
- Friday 8/3
- Student Free Day
- Saturday 9/3, Sunday 10/3, Monday 11/3
- Adelaide Cup Long Weekend
- Monday 4th March – Governing Council Meeting
- Friday 8th March – Student Free Day
- Monday 11th March – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Wednesday 13th March – Team Assemblies – R/1 and Year 2/3/4 classes
- Wednesday 20th March – Harmony Day
- Friday 22nd March – Sports Day
- Monday 25th March Swimming and Aquatics Week- Years 3/4/5 Swimming and Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Monday 1st April – Student-led Conferences begin.
- Tuesday 9th April – Police Band Performance
- Friday 12th April – Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Leaders News
- Team Assemblies
- Blackwood High Open Night
- Aberfoyle Park High School – Open Night
- Learning Support – Information for Families
- Student Free Day Reminder
- Student Leadership
- Blackwood High School – Special Interest Programs
- ICAS Comps
- Sports Day House Captains
- Thank you to those of you who have already indicated your willingness to volunteer at school, which is greatly valued and appreciated. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year.