Great week of Sapsasa knockout sports.
- Our girl’s netball team played 3 games in the pouring rain with 1 win and 2 very close losses, seeing their knockout comp end.
- The boys netball had sunny conditions again playing 3 teams coming away with 3 very convincing wins. The boys will now advance to the next round against All Saints at Seaford.
- The knockout soccer team played Blackwood PS winning 2-0 advancing to their next round against 2 more schools.
- The knockout football team played 2 games winning both games against Flagstaff Hill and Woodend to advance to the next round.
- Big thanks to the parents for transporting, scoring and supporting the students – and to teachers Karen Pettman, Rob Warncken and Mark Lemmey for their efforts.
- Check out the team photos here.
Well done to our Senior Choir who had their assessment on Thursday – earning a ‘B Grading’ in preparation for their Festival of Music performance in September.
A big thank you to our student leaders executive group (SLEG) who organised / prepared the Reconciliation Week assembly. We look forward to learning and more about the Reconciliation Talking Tree Trail.
At this time of the term and year, staff can and do fall ill, requiring them to take sick leave. Similarly, teaching staff may be involved in extracurricular activities such as knockout sports teams or involved in professional development workshops. During these times, we do our best to employ regular temporary relief teachers (TRTs) who know our students and school well. I would like to commend our students who understand the importance of positive learning behaviours when their teachers are absent from school. The feedback we receive from TRTs is highly complimentary of our students and their behaviour.
Best wishes and safe travels to our Year 7 students who are in Canberra this week, from Sunday 2/6 – Thursday 7/6You can follow their adventures on the school’s Facebook Page.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky
- Monday 10th June
- Queens Birthday Public Holiday
- Sunday 16th June
- Pedal Prix Adelaide Race 1
- Monday 24th June
- Governing Council
- Wednesday 26th June
- 10.00am Year 2/3/4 Team Assembly in the Hall
- 2.15am Reception / Year 1 Team Assembly in the Hall
- Friday 28th June
- 2.15pm Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly
- Friday 5th July
- Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal