- The school is closed on Monday due to industrial action – please refer to the recent post for more details
- Paul Luke is on leave this week – Rob Warncken covering as acting principal.
- Mid-year reports will be sent home on Wednesday afternoon. In reaching this time of the school year, it is important that students and parents take time to share and recognise learning successes and to reflect on areas for growth and improvement. You may wish to use these conversation starters:
- What is something you have achieved of which you are proud?
- What are three things you did to help your classmates?
- What are the three most important things you learned?
- What is something that was hard for you at the start of the year but is easy now?
- In what area do you feel you have improved?
- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates?
- Of the books you read, which was your favourite? Why?
- What was the best piece of writing that you did? Why do you think it is your best?
- What are three describing words (adjectives) that best describe your school year so far?
- Congratulations to our reception teacher Tahlia Woolford, who received some exciting news over the weekend – Tahlia just happened to win the Grand Prize in the Womens and Children Hospital Megahome lottery.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and the upcoming school holidays.
Paul, Rob and Nicky
- Monday 1st July
- School closed due to Industrial Action
- Wednesday 3rd July
- Student Mid-Year Reports sent home
- Friday 5th July
- Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
- Monday 22/7
- First day of Term 3
- Sunday 28/7
- Pedal Prix
- Tuesday 30/7
- School Photos Day
2020 Reception Enrolments / Transition
Families that have a sibling enrolment for 2020 will receive a transition letter in the Term 3, which will outline information for transition visits, which will occur over three consecutive Wednesdays 13th, 20th and 27th of November.
Leaving Craigburn in 2020?
Aside from Year 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2020, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2020 school year.
Absences and Exemptions
Thank you to those who contact the school to inform us about your child’s absence. A reminder that you also provide the reason for it. If you can’t do this in advance, send an email or phone 82704144 on the day. Please remember to say your child’s name, class and reason. If your child is going to be away for a longer period whether it be for holiday / illness / family reasons, an exemption form needs to be completed (available from the front office).
Reminder – Term 3 Dates – School Photos, School Closure / Student Free Day
- School Photos – Tuesday 30th July – details to come soon
- School Closure (Royal Adelaide Show) – Friday 30th August
- Student Free Day – Monday 2nd September