- Great to see students, staff and families back at school for Term 4.
- We celebrate Physical Education Week, with our annual Sports Expo promoting the importance of Health & Physical Education to the learning and development of children and young people. Thanks to our sports teacher, Karen Pettman for her excellent organisation of this year’s expo. Details here.
- This coming Friday 25th October, World Teachers’ Day is being celebrated in Australia. The day is a great opportunity for everyone to recognise and appreciate teachers and the important role they play in shaping the next generation. This year, the focus is on the #brightfuture of the profession including beginning teachers starting their career. We’re also celebrating the role experienced teachers play in both the classroom and supporting beginning teachers on their teaching journey. We thank our Pastoral Care Worker, Catherine Chambers who has organised morning tea for us. Please join in and thank a teacher on Friday.
- Best wishes to the Year 5 classes heading to Wirraway on Wednesday to Friday for their camp.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Key Dates to Remember
- 21/10 Sports Expo begins
- 23/10 Year 5 Camp to Wirraway, School Group Tour (Prospective Families)
- 24/10 Canteen Special Day – Last Day to order Sushi for 29/10
- 25/10 World Teachers Day
- 28/10 Governing Council
- 29/10 Canteen Special Day – Sushi
- 5/11 Melbourne Cup
- 6/11 Team Assemblies Yrs 2,3,4 at 10.00am, Reception and Year 1 at 2.15pm
- 8/11 Music is Fun – Incursion
- Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly time to be confirmed.
- 11/11 Recycling Week starts, Remembrance Day Assembly – 10.30am
- 13/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 15/11 Disco – Beach Party Theme
- 18/11 Governing Council
- 19/11 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Performances (details to come)
- 20/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 21/11 Gala Day (details to come)
- 22/11 Student Free Day
- 27/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 3, Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington (to 29/11)
- 2/12 Governing Council
- 5/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 6/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal in morning
- 9/12 Celebration Night
- 10/12 R/2 Fun Day (details to come)
- 11/12 Class Swaps for 2020, Year 7 Graduation
- 13/12 End of Year – Dismissal 12.30pm
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Expo Weeks
- Sapsasa Representatives
- Come and Try Hot Shots Tennis!
- Lost Property at OSHC
- Canteen Special – Sushi Day Tuesday 29th October
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – change of date to Thursday 5/12
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Auditions for Craigburn’s Got Talent are approaching – details here.
- Volunteers urgently needed in the Canteen as per the recent post – please contact the Sues in the canteen if you can help out.
- School opens at 8.30am –Students are able to come onto school grounds from 8.30am when staff are on duty. We ask all parents and caregivers for their support.
- To support our planning for 2020, for students / families who will not be with us at Craigburn in 2020, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you to those who have already informed us.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced over last term.