Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Weekly Wrap as well as other recent news posts.
- Two weeks of Sports Expo ended last week – we hope all children enjoyed the wide variety of activities. Thanks again to Karen Pettman for her excellent coordination and promotion of health and physical activity.
- Thank you to Sue, Sue and supporting parents who organised the Sushi Day with a large number of orders taken.
- Well done to all students who auditioned for Craigburn’s Got Talent. We are looking forward to a special showcase of Craigburn talent on Thursday 5th December.
- Our final team assemblies for 2019 will be held this week on Wednesday 6th November – Reception / Year 1s students at 2.15pm and Year 2/3/4s from 10.00am and the Year 5/6/7s scheduled for the following week on Friday 15 November at 2.00pm. Thank you to families and friends who have joined us throughout the year.
- The Music is Fun Band is performing in the school Hall on Friday 8th November – an annual favourite.
- Music is Fun – 2 x Sessions – 9.30am and 11.30am
- 9:30am Lemmey, Grant, Hanna, Fischer, Khalaf, Manna, Sporn, Bell, Humphrys, Bellette.
- 11:35am Wright, Green, Wissell, Woolford, Abram, Taylor, Hepworth, Prideaux, Spurr, Bennett.
- Gala Day is set for Thursday 21st November. For those new and old to Craigburn, Gala Day is an annual event where students showcase their enterprise skills by creating and running a food, craft or activity stall. Being a student-led event, students develop important life skills such as creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking. Only Year 3 – 7 students can run a Gala Day stall. Please check in with the recent Gala Day post for more details.
- Student Discos – Friday evening 15th November – Beach Party Theme – details here.
- Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea – check for details.
- The use of mobile phones in schools is currently receiving much attention around Australia. We remind parents / carers who provide their child / children with a mobile phone – that they are not to be used by students upon arrival at school, nor during the school day, and up until they have left the school grounds.
- Phones brought to school must be switched off and left in school bags and are not to be accessed. Please note the school accepts no responsibility for the theft, breakage or loss of phones / devices.
- We ask parents / carers who need to get in touch with their child during the school day to call the school and speak with our front office staff who will communicate the message to the child through the class teacher.
- Our front office is staffed from 8.00am – 4.15pm daily, allowing parents to make contact with the school before arrival or after dismissal. If and when students have a realistic need to contact their parents after school, class teachers / front office staff can help facilitate this at the front office.
- Students who use phones during the day will have them confiscated, with the phone taken to the front office for safe keeping – parents / carers will be notified.
- We ask parents / carers to support these procedures to ensure consistency across the school. Thank you.
- This term we have dyslexia expert Tricia Gardner working with us two days each week for Term 4, building on the learning and work we have undertaken in the area of evidence-based reading practices this year. Tricia worked with our teachers and support staff at our last student free day presenting a session on ‘Dyslexia Awareness’ and is further working with us to support students with literacy difficulties.
National Recycling Week
- Look out for the next Messenger Press, where Craigburn is featured, promoting our school recycling practices as part of National Recycling Week commencing Monday 11th Nov. Great work Emily and the Green Team.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Key Dates to Remember
- 05/11 Melbourne Cup
- 06/11 Team Assemblies Yrs 2,3,4 at 10.00am, Reception and Year 1 at 2.15pm
- 08/11 Music is Fun – Incursion
- 11/11 Recycling Week starts, Remembrance Day Assembly – 10.30am
- 13/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 15/11 Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly at 2.00pm. Evening Disco – Beach Party Theme
- 18/11 Governing Council
- 19/11 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Performances (details to come)
- 20/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 21/11 Gala Day (details to come)
- 22/11 Student Free Day
- 27/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 3, Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington (to 29/11)
- 02/12 Governing Council
- 05/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 06/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal in morning, Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea
- 09/12 Celebration Night
- 10/12 R,1,2 Fun Day (details to come)
- 11/12 Class Swaps for 2020, Year 7 Graduation
- 13/12 End of Year – Dismissal 12.30pm
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Class Structure and Student Placement 2020
- Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea – Friday 6 December
- ‘Beach Party’ Disco – Friday 15th November
- Year 7 to High School Project Update
- Material and Services Charge for 2020
- Gala Day 2019
- Craigburn’s Got Talent Finalists 2019
- Blackwood High School Year 8 Parent Information Night & Transition Day 2019
- Aberfoyle Park High School’s IGNITE program – 2021
- Pedal Prix Fundraiser
- White & Red Lids
- Vacswim December 2019 / January 2020
- Reminder – Last Student Free Day for 2019
- To support our planning and developing our class structure for 2020 – for students / families who will not be with us at Craigburn in 2020, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you to those who have already informed us.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced over last term.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply if heading outside for long periods of time.