Welcome back to Term 3 (first day back Tuesday 21 July) – we hope all students, families and staff enjoyed the holiday break and are ready for the term ahead.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our lives and from what we are now witnessing in Victoria and NSW, it is important as ever, that we remain vigilant and follow the advice from SA Health. With this in mind, we continue to plan and operate in accordance with advice from SA Health to support the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and school community.
Please take time to re-familiarise yourself with, and follow the advice outlined below.
General School Operations
- Parents / carers may continue to enter school grounds to drop off and/or collect children. Classrooms are not to be entered. Teachers can meet and chat outside and if needed, please arrange a time to chat in more detail.
- Volunteers will be gradually reintroduced during Term 3.
- The second-hand uniform shop will re-open this week, opening times to be posted soon.
- Whole school assemblies will resume from Week 2 for students and staff only. Unfortunately, we are still unable to host Team Assemblies.
- Sapsasa Sports competitions are set to recommence – events may be modified. Information will be posted as it comes to hand.
- The state organisers of the Pedal Prix have now cancelled the 2020 season – see below.
- School choir continues, noting there will be no Festival of Music performance at the Festival Theatre.
Learning at Home
- We have been advised that – in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak in SA – we may need to reinstitute Learning at Home procedures.
- We ask parents / carers to ensure that the school has your most up-to-date contact details (including phone numbers) so contact can be quickly made in the event of a temporary closure or regional closure.
- Parents are still required to remain outside of classrooms – physical distancing requirements of 1.5 m are to be followed, including at school pick-up and drop-off.
Health and Hygiene
- We continue with daily hand washing and cleaning procedures.
- Students are encouraged to bring a full water bottle to school. If needed, this can be refilled at the refill station. Students will be advised to not drink directly from drink fountains.
- It is important that students stay home if they are unwell, until symptoms have cleared. If children present unwell at school, parents / carers will be contacted to collect them.
The Week Ahead
- Student Free Day
- First Day Term 3
- School Tour 4.00pm (for families who have registered).
- School Tour 9.30am (for families who have registered).
- Reminder – School Photos- Tuesday 11th August – envelope packs to go home in Week 2
- Please refer to the earlier post for more details.
Pedal Prix – Cancelled for 2020
- Unfortunately, late last week the AIPP who runs our Pedal Prix competition decided to cancel the remainder of the season due to the current health restrictions. This is really disappointing to many students, particularly those in year 7.
- We forward to next year when hopefully we can be back bigger, better and safer.
- Kind regards, Mark Lemmey – Craigburn Crew-sers
2021 Reception Enrolments / Transition
- Families that have a sibling enrolment for 2021 will receive a transition letter, outlining information for transition visits, which will occur over three consecutive Wednesdays 9th, 16th and 23rd of November.
Flagstaff Oval Kindergarten Registration of Interest for 2021
- Registrations of interest need to be completed asap, as enrolments will be sent out over the next few weeks if they are wanting to attend our kindy.
- Regards, Meegan Barron, Director, Flagstaff Oval Kindergarten,
Leaving Craigburn in 2021?
- Aside from Year 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2021, please inform the front office.
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2021 school year. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- School Photo’s – Tuesday 11th August
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on School Students with Disability
- Lost Property Information
Best wishes to all for the week and term ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky