SPORTS DAY!

On Friday 8th April we had Sports Day at our school. There are four houses: Bradman (blue), Riley (red), Fraser (green) and Woodforde (yellow). Everyone came to school dressed in their house colours looking fantastic. We started the day by marching on to the oval in our house team. We all did our team chants and the health hustle to get ready for the day. Then the events began! Some of the events we did throughout the day were soccer kick, long jump, fireman’s relay, bocce, sprints, hurdles, tunnel ball, sack race and 3 legged race. Everyone tried really hard and put in their best effort as well as cheering on each other! It was fantastic to see so many parents supporting us on the day and helping out. Thank you for coming and making the day a success! To finish the day we sat in our houses and cheered on the older children sprints and relays and tug of war. Congratulations to Bradman and Fraser who won overall. Well done to everyone for being so active and for showing great sportsmanship! Thanks to Mrs Pettman for organising a wonderful Sports Day! Here are some photos from the day:

IMG_8750 IMG_8752 IMG_8753 IMG_8766 IMG_8769 IMG_8780 IMG_8783 IMG_8786 IMG_8787 IMG_8791 IMG_8793 IMG_8795 IMG_8796 IMG_8806 IMG_8808 IMG_8811 IMG_8812 IMG_8814 IMG_8815 IMG_8817 IMG_8818 IMG_8821 IMG_8822 IMG_8823

Here are some recounts written about Sports Day:

By Keira

On Friday 8th April it was Sports Day and we did long jump and my favourite event was fireman’s relay and my team won and the other teams did do well. 

First we did the health hustle. Next we did soccer kick. After that I did bocce. At recess I had a cookie and I played with Pearl. Our house captains are called Ella, Lachlan and Mitchell. 

I felt very very very tired because it was a big day.

By Christian 

On Friday 8th of April it was Sports Day. The whole school did it at school to be active and do sport.

First mum and dad took me to school. Then we went to our team. I am in Bradman. After that the sports started. The sports were…soccer kick that was my favourite. Fireman’s relays was wet. Long jump was sandy. Bocce was cool. Then recess. Sprints I was fast. Hurdles I was good at jumping. Tunnel ball was fun. Next was sack race it was funny. 3 legged race my partner was Jesse. Lastly at lunch time I left. Fraser and Bradman had a draw.

I felt happy because it was fun. 

By Alicia

On Friday 8th April it was Sports Day with the school. We did lots of events at school. We had Sports Day for exercise.

First we did the chant. Next we did the health hustle. Soon we did soccer kick. After that we did long jump. Last of all we cheered on the other people.

I felt excited because I was excited for the long jump. 

6 Responses

1. SOPHIE at |

the recounts were great evey team went well I love sports day.

Reply
  2. Hunter at |

Well done to Bradman and Fraser!To be successful at sports day is a great day.

Reply
  3. Riley at |

Well done to everyone! I loved sports day, my favourite part was soccer kick and the Firemans relay

Reply
  4. Sophie at |

I LOVE SPORTS DAY!!!!!

Reply
  5. Christian at |

I LOVE SPORTS DAY!!!! My favourite sport is soccer!
    Sports day is the best day of the YEAR!!!!!!!

Reply
  6. Hunter at |

Sports day is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because some times family members come to support you.⚽️🏀🏈⚾️🎾🏸🏓🎱🏉🏐🏒🏑🏏🏹⛳️🏂⛷🎿⛸⛸🎣🎣⛸🎿⛷🏂🏌️‍♀️⛹🏼🏋🏼

Reply