Family Blogging Month

Custom Glitter Text

Our class loves to share their learning with our online community.
We are trying get our families more involved in our class blog. It means our work is really connecting with the families involved in our class. Miss Sporn is also running workshops to inform our parents about out blog – what it is, what is on it, how to make comments, etc.
As a part of our Family Blogging Month we encourage all of our family and friends to make comments on our blog. Whenever a family member or friend makes a comment we record it on our class chart.
The code for our chart is:
M = Mum
D = Dad
S = Sister
B = Brother
U = Uncle
A = Aunty
C= Cousin
GM = Grandma
GP = Grandpa
F = Family Friend
0 = Other
Each student has written a letter to a family member or members to ask them to get on board with our challenge and leave us a comment on our blog. These letters went home on today (the first day of Term 4).
We also need to remember to make quality comments when we ask people to post comments on our blog. We have shared lots of ideas and information about how to write a good quality comment on a blog.
Here is a photo of our class poster.

We hope this will be a big success and can’t wait to hear from our families and friends.

Tell us – what do you think of our Family Blogging Month Challenge?

23 thoughts on “Family Blogging Month

1. Hello Year 2’s and Miss Sporn. We hope your challenge is going well. Will our comment be in the ‘other’ category? When you put great posts on blogs it is fantastic to know that people read and comment on them. Blogs are terrific places to find out about the happenings in the classroom. All the best with your challenge and we hope you get some great feedback.
    From Mrs. K and Room 4

2. Hi Guys. Hope you all had great holiays. I look forward to seeing what you get up to this term. Enjoy the sunny weather.
    From Tracy (M)

3. I think your family blog is a wonderful idea. You can learn something different from all the members of your family. You all experienced an earthquake in the night. How scarey is that? Who was awake and who slept through it!

4. Hi guys, wonder how may of you were woken up by the earthquake, hope no one was to scared, I just wasn’t sure if I was dreaming !! Greg (GP)

5. Hi Everyone,
    I love this idea. I am not too good at doing things on the computer but Brodie is. I wish he was here to show me. I think your school is great and I come to pick up my grand children twice a week and get to see everything that is going on. I think you will have lots of fun using the computer to find out who has been on.
    GM and GP.

6. I think that the new “Family Blogging Challenge” is a great idea and I look forward to reading everyone’s comments. We will hopefully get some blog comments from Jordan’s relatives from interstate that will love to be part of it and to keep in touch with what his class is up to. Also he also has a Gran overseas at the moment on holidays. She may have something interesting to report. Keep up all the good work you’re doing in Room 24.
    Jordan’s Mum 🙂

7. Hi everyone. This blog challenge is a great idea. Most of Hannah’s relatives live overseas and now they can keep an eye on what she gets up to at school. As for the earthquake it woke me too. I was really scared. The house shook and there was a loud rumble. Hannah just slept through it. Who else slept through the earthquake? Hannah’s mum (M)

8. Greetings Earthlings,
    This edublog is a great idea. I wish I had something like this when I was at school.
    I work on computers all day now and wish I had learned more about them at school!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    From Justin (U)

9. Hi aliens, oh I mean kids and that amazing teacher you have.
    Love the blog – my favourites are the video clips.
    Now get back to work Brodie- I’m watching you!!!!

10. Hi Room 24 and Miss Sporn
    How exciting that you are having a family blogging month. We hope that lots of your relatives will visit your blog and leave you some wonderful comments. After your families have visited once they will realise how much fantastic information they can get about all the learning you do at school from your blog. The videos and photos you post make it so easy for grandmas and grandpas uncles, aunties and others (like us) to feel like they are part of your class too. Good luck with your exciting month ahead.
    From Room 3 and Mrs Nelson

11. Dear Miss Sporn, I really like the Family Blogging month. It really gets people to look on our blog and comment and people don’t have to come everyday because they can see what we are doing on the blog. I really like seing what other people are doing.
    From Sam

12. Hi there guys,
    Since Christmas isn’t THAT far away, I was just thinking about what kind of Christmas cupcakes and cookies I should make. Just imagine, that IF you were to decorate a cupcake or a cookie, what Christmas shape would you like your cookie to be in? And what would you like to decorate the top of a Christmas cupcake with IF you were to maybe do it one day?
    Have a great day. Hope it’s not raining at play time!
    Tracy (Brodie’s Mum)

13. Hi there

We have loved reading your blog and think family & friends blogging month is a great idea.

Keep up the good work!

From the Patten’s
    (Jordan’s friends)

14. Hi Will ! It’s great to learn about new ideas and be able to share information on blog sites. My comment for your blog is; take a moment every day to make this a kinder world for us to live in.
    Aunty Despina

15. Love the Blog, maybe Cooper we can even teach your Dad how to use the computer now. Love the books on your bookshelf.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

16. Hi Amy and Kaseys friends its uncle dean here, i live in perth the girls asked me to look at there blog on the computer and so i did what a brilliant idea .My son(who is the twins cousin he is 7)and i spent ages on it looking around .Keep up the great work

17. Hi everyone i am amy and kaseys aunty i live in perth. I have been looking at your fantastic work and art well done .this blog is such a great idea .Is any body doing trick or treating for halloween on monday .Cody the twins cousin is dressing up as a ghost .Looking forward to looking at more off your blog x

• Hi There

Yes!!! I am related to Rachel Sporn- we’re cousins. Her Grandpa and my Pop were brothers- so I guess that means we’re related.
      Thanks for commenting on our blog – we love the feedback from everyone.

From
      Lisa Sporn

18. Hi everyone I am amy and kaseys pa I live at seacombe gardens .The girls came down on the weekend and ask me to look at there blog,I was amazed at it we never had computers when I was at school which was in ireland.Amy and kaseys daddy was born in ireland .Thanks everyone will keep looking at your blog .