Years 2-4 Assembly

Today Miss Hunt’s Year 2 class hosted our Years 2-4 assembly. We thought they did a great job – it’s not easy hosting an assembly.

Some of the items were sharing writing stories, with the use of adjectives, and our Girls Junior Choir sang a song. They sounded wonderful. Well done to Mrs Rayner who is the choir co-ordinator.

Congratulations to the three members of our class earned awards.

Oscar: for great work across all areas of the curriculum.

Will: for developing his computing skills and being able to run all of the music and IT needs for assemblies (check out his photo below)

Hannah: for detailed Art work using Aboriginal drawing techniques and colours and writing a detailed story to match this picture.

Mrs Gillespie presented the awards today on behalf of Mr Wait our Principal. Here are some photos of the assembly.

Here are some photos from today’s assembly.

We are uploading our video of the Girls Junior Choir soon. A huge Thank You to Sienna for recording it on the iPhone for us.

We hope you can come along to our next assembly this Friday – it’s to celebrate Craigburn Primary’s 30th Birthday!!

Do you enjoy our assemblies? What are some items you would like to see at an assembly?

Here are Assembly Award people:

10 thoughts on “Years 2-4 Assembly

1. Looks like it was a great assembly, such a shame we missed it. I look forward to hearing you all singing at your special assembly on Friday.

2. Wasn’t able to make it yesterday but looking forward to seeing the choir video as Carrie (Libby’s sister) is in it and was very excited about performing to everyone. Thank you to Sienna and Sonja for recording it 🙂

3. Wow! Just noticed the “Flags from our Visitors” record. There are people from all over the world looking at the blog. I’m not familiar with all the flags, maybe you can help me?

4. I’m so happy that you’re having assemblies again. When the hall was being built there were no assemblies and I missed seeing what everyone was doing in their classes. I like to see the children who are presenting the assembly talking on the microphone – it’s a brave thing to do to be able to talk in front of a whole audience so well done to Miss Hunt’s class.

5. Hi everyone. I miss Craigburn assemblies – I used to like the opportunity to get up and tell everyone about what we’d been doing in class for the term. It’s good for everyone to have a go at speaking in front of the audience and it’s good to have practice at it for when we’re grown-ups.

6. Charlie (Maisies friend)
    I came to an assembley at your school last week and was very impressed with everyones behaviour.. What a lucky girl Maisie is to attend such a lovely school.

7. I will not be able to get there for the 30th birthday celebration but I hope you all have a great time.

8. Your assemblies would appear to be a great way for everyone to become involved in recognising each others achievments