This week we continued our personal learning journey through Personal Inquiry Time – or Genius Hour.
We’ve found that our wondering wall / brainstorming sheet of paper is a huge help – we record our ideas, change our minds and make suggestions for others if needed.
Every student in our class is making lots of progress in many areas. Not only are they investigating and creating topics that they are interested in, we can see many other areas also developing. During our gallery walk and reflection time at the end of each session we reflect upon our learning and the skills we are developing.
We created a long list of skills we think we’ve really developed –
- planning – what are we interested in investigating?
- being organised
- preparing materials ahead of time if needed
- following the steps needed to carry out our inquiries – like procedure writing activities we’ve done this year
- locating materials needed
- sharing ideas
- helping each other as asked
- collaborating with each other – we LOVE to help each other
- co-operating with each other
- problem solving – by ourselves or by chatting with others
- creating models/ games/ items/ movies that we just love!!!
We’ve recorded an introduction to our Personal Inquiry Time this week.
Here are photos from our latest fantastic session!
Today Tara and Jaime added a video as a part of their reflection. They created a poster about rubbish in our school yard and shared their poster with one of our Reception classes as they are investigating a n Inquiry unit about Refuse, Reuse, Recycle.
Here’s the clip of Tara and Jaime’s message.