A reminder that Gala Day is tomorrow, Friday 13th November. As mentioned previously, Gala Day is an annual student-led event where students in Years 3 to 7 have the opportunity to showcase their enterprising skills by running a Food, Craft or Activity Stall. All students across Reception to Year 7 get to visit stalls as per the session details below.
Gala Day has been running at Craigburn for 13 years with money raised going towards a small outdoor project as determined by our Student Representative Council.
We thank all students and supporting parents and carers who have organised a stall for this year’s event. There are some very creative craft stalls, fun activity stalls and a variety of healthy food stalls.
- Session times:
- 11.15am to 12.00pm – Reception to Year 2 students
- 12.05pm to 12.50pm – Year 3 to 7 Students
- There are approximately 40 stalls with a combination of Food, Activity and Craft stalls.
- Stalls are located, mostly in sheltered areas around the main buildings.
- Food stalls have all ingredients listed – class teachers are aware of students who have specific food allergies and will be with these students as they move around the stalls.
- Children can bring a small amount of money for the day. Eg up to $5.00 for Reception to Year 2 students and up to $10 for older students. A purse of wallet is recommended. Most stalls are priced at 20c, 50c and up to $1.
- Children are encouraged to visit a range of stalls.
We are looking forward to an enjoyable day.
Thank you for support.
The Gala Day Task Group Leaders and Mr Luke.