As you would be aware, we have been carefully planning our BYO iPad Induction program which has involved a significant amount of time and work. To enable and support a successful induction program we have focussed on ensuring the key elements of the program are clear and well understood by parents, staff and students alike.
We would like to point out that the induction work due to be carried out by teachers with students in coming weeks, are inclusive of all students in relation to the use of both personally owned and school owned devices. This means students who have opted in to the BYO iPad program and those who have not opted in – will undertake the same learning tasks focussed on using iPads at school, safely and responsibly.
Currently, we are finalising key documentation and induction processes for parents and teachers which includes:
- the publication of detailed BYO iPad Program information in both pdf form and in an online web space;
- classroom management procedures for teachers to support the successful use of both student owned iPads and school owned, shared iPads;
- an online induction course for parents & students to be completed at home, after attending the first induction session – delivered through the iTunes U app on the iPad. This will be explained at the Induction Session for Parents (read further on)
The iTunes U course is designed to provide both the parent/s and the child with immediate and easy access to the following information and resources:
- Setting up the iPad ready for school
- School, Parent and Student Expectations – including acceptable use agreement
- A required core Apps List
- Maintenance and Care
- Digital Citizenship and Cybersafety
- iPad Tips and Tricks
We are now in a position to begin this induction program, which will be phased in across all year levels over several weeks leading into Term 2.
Please note the following timelines for this phased-in approach.
Term 1 Years 2 to 7 only
Weeks 9, 10 – Induction Sessions available both at day time and evenings
Week 11 – Students will be able to bring their iPad to school upon successful completion of the iTunes U Course & Acceptable Use Agreement signed by both parents & students
Term 2 Reception to Year 1
Week 2 – Induction sessions begin (to be advertised early in Week 1 of next term)
Induction Sessions for Students in Years 2 – 7
All families of students in Years 2 to 7 who have expressed an interest in participating in this ‘opt-in’ program are invited to attend one of the following induction sessions – led and facilitated by Paul Luke (Deputy Principal) and Rob Warncken (Senior Leader).
- Wednesday 30th March 9.00am – 10.00am
- Wednesday 30th March 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Thursday 31st March 9.00am – 10.00am
- Friday 1st April 9.00am – 10.00am
- Monday 4th April 9.00am – 10.00am
- Tuesday 5th April 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Wednesday 5th April 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- At least one parent / carer is required to attend. It is not essential that two parents attend.
- Only one induction session needs to be attended by parents if more than one child is participating in the program.
- Students are not required to attend the parent session.
- Further induction sessions will be available on a fortnightly basis from Term 2 onwards for families who choose to opt in to the program at any stage. Details provided in Term 2.
Registration for BYO iPad Induction Session for Parents of Students in Years 2 to 7
To register your attendance at one of the BYO iPad Induction sessions for Parents, supporting your child’s subsequent participation in the BYO iPad Program, please choose from the following two registration options:
- register via the online registration form – click link;
- or print out, complete and return the registration form below – to the Front Office. Copies are available at the front office if required.
We ask that this is completed online or print copy and returned to school by Thursday 24th March 2016.
The date and time of your induction session will be confirmed via email. Thank you.