Principal Update

Dear Parents and Caregivers, as you have been aware, our school Principal Kathy Terrell, has been on extended leave since the end of Term 1. Kathy was expecting to return to the Principal position for Term 4, however for personal reasons has decided to retire after a long and distinguished career as an educator and school leader.

Please take time to read Kathy’s letter (attached) to Craigburn families. 

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

I have been in regular contact with Kathy since the start of her leave and I know the last few months have been particularly challenging for her. I also know that Kathy’s decision to retire would have been a very difficult one to make, given her dedication to the Principal role at Craigburn.

The process of appointing a new school Principal is one that will be managed by our Education Director, Brendyn Semmens and is likely to occur in the first half of the 2017 school year. Our Governing Council will be informed when this process commences.

For the remainder of 2016 and leading into the 2017 school year I will continue as Acting Principal with Rob Warncken as Acting Deputy Principal. Both Rob and I are committed to providing strong and supportive leadership to our school community and look forward to further working with students, staff and families.

To acknowledge and thank Kathy for her service and leadership to our school community, parents and caregivers are welcome to attend a ‘Farewell to Ms Terrell’ whole school assembly on Tuesday 27th September in the school hall at 10.00am, followed by a morning tea at 10.50am.

Kathy will remain at school throughout the day and will take time to visit classrooms for a more personal goodbye to students. After school dismissal, the school staff will recognise and celebrate Kathy’s retirement and leadership to Craigburn.

Yours sincerely

Paul Luke

Acting Principal

One thought on “Principal Update

1. Very sorry to hear this news and that Kathy should have to leave under such difficult personal circumstances, especially at the end of such a long career dedicated to education. I would like to thank Kathy for maintaining the high standards and strong community that Craigburn PS has enjoyed for the last 10 years that my children have attended. We are obviously extremely lucky to have other teachers at the school who are very capable in their supporting and leadership roles, not least of which are Paul and Rob so I know the school is in good hands in this transitional period. I hope all goes well with your retirement, Kathy and hope to make it in on the 27th.