Welcome back to all Craigburn families and friends. The Weekend Wrap has now become the Weekly Wrap and aims to provide families with relevant information, key events, things to note and friendly reminders for the week ahead as well as a short summary of the previous school week.
We look forward to seeing families and friends back at school on Monday morning from 8.30am ready for class by 8.50am.
- As we return to school, we ask families to be extra considerate of local traffic and parking rules and to be especially mindful to not park / block access to local residents’ driveways.
- The landscaping project at the front entrance of the school is well underway and whilst this is the case, we politely ask parents / caregivers to refrain from entering the staff carpark after 8.00am in the mornings and before 4.00pm in the afternoons. If accessing OSHC please use the drop off zone parking area.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this weekly wrap.
- Teachers and support staff back at school.
- Monday 29/1 – Welcome back assembly 10.30am – school hall
- Tuesday 30/1
- Wednesday 31/1
- Thursday 1/2
- Friday 2/2
- Tree Removal – As part of meeting the requirements of DECD Bushfire Procedures for schools, the two large gum trees adjacent to the school hall were assessed by a qualified arborist and subsequently removed over the holidays due to their poor condition and close proximity to the school’s bushfire refuge, being the hall. There is still some minor landscaping work to level out the area where the tree stumps were removed.
- Sports Registration information to be provided this week – stay tuned.
Save the Dates
- Tuesday 13 February – Acquaintance Night set for Tuesday 13 February – details to come.
- Wednesday 21 February – Growth and Development Parent Sessions run by KidzBiz – Booking details to come.
- 6.40 pm – Where Did We Come From? (Reception to Year 4)
- 7.40pm – What’s Happening To Us? (Year 5 to Year 7)
- Friday 9th March – School Week 5 – Student Free Day (all schools in our Partnership of schools participating in joint PD Day)
- Friday 23rd March – School Week 8 – Sports Day
- Please check the recent Principal / Leaders News Post – details re staff list, school timetable amendment.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply as needed.
- As per Bushfire procedures – all students to have a labelled towel and water bottle kept in the class.
Best wishes for the week ahead.