Dear Families and Friends, welcome back to school for Term 2. A special welcome to the three new families joining us at Craigburn for the first time.
Term 2 promises to be another busy term, starting with Swimming Week for the Reception to Year 2 students at the Marion Aquatic Centre. A reminder to make sure you have the bathers, towel etc. ready to go!
Please check in with our school calendar to keep informed and updated with Term 2 programs and events, including: International Competitions and Assessments (ICAS) for students who have entered these challenges, Pedal Prix (Year 6/7), NAPLAN tests in Week 3, SAPSASA Cross Country, Mothers Day Stall, Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminars, School Disco (25 May), Team Assemblies in Weeks 4 and 8 and a highlight for our Year 7 students, being the Camp to Canberra. Teachers will be busy from mid-term onward writing mid-term reports.
Staffing Update – There are a few minor changes to our staff list for Term 2:
- John Spurr (Year 6/7) teacher, will be on leave for the duration of the term. As previously mentioned, John has been diagnosed with throat cancer and has begun treatment. We wish John all the best for his treatment and for a speedy recovery. Hazel Robertson will remain as class teacher for the first three weeks with Alison Hamilton teaching the Year 6/7 class on Thursdays and Fridays from Week 4 onward.
- Chantelle McMahon returns to teaching duties having experienced ill-health over the last two years. Chantelle will be working with Amy Bennett teaching the Year 3/4 class on Fridays. It is terrific to see Chantelle returning to work – I know she has been very much appreciative of the community support.
Please stay tuned for more news throughout the term. Best wishes for the week ahead.
Kind regards, Paul
- We are noticing a small number of parents continuing to use the staff car park for drop off and pick up. Another friendly reminder that the staff carpark is for staff only. There is a reserved space for disability parking (permit required).
- From the beginning of this term, the Drop Off & Pick Up Zone (off Murrays Hill Rd) will display updated signage informing motorists that parking in this zone will be restricted to 2 minutes only from 2.3opm to 3.30pm (note change from 3.00pm to 2.30pm). This is a recommended change by traffic engineers from the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal. Traffic rangers will be monitoring the area. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child / children. Please refer to separate blog post.
- We have two parent seminars this term with Mark Le Messurier. Click links for more details including how to register.
- Soccer players needed – please refer to recent post.
- Monday 30/4 – Friday 4/5
- Swimming Week for Reception to Year 2s
- Friday 11/5
- Sapsasa District Cross Country
- Tuesday 15/5 to Wednesday 17/5
- NAPLAN for students in Years 3, 5 and 7
- Tuesday 22/5
- Senior Choir Assessment
- Wednesday 23/5
- 10.00am – Year 2, 3, 4 Team Assembly
- 2.15pm – Reception to Year 1 Team Assembly
- 7.00pm – Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminar
- Friday 25/5
- School Discos – details to come
- Wednesday 30/5
- School Group Tour for prospective families