- This week, as part of National Volunteer Week, we thank all parents and friends who support our school by helping out in so many ways – eg garden club, listening to reading, sports coaching, fundraising, canteen, camps / excursions, uniform shop and more. During the week, we will be communicating our updated Volunteer Policy which will outline the department’s requirements for volunteering in schools.
- This week we have our first team assemblies for Term 2 – dates and time below – we always value parents and friend who can join us for these events.
- Thanks again to all families and friends who use the Drop off and Pick Up Zone off Murrays Hill Rd in the afternoon and have been aware of the changes to the No Standing times. The flow of traffic in this area prior to school dismissal over the last three weeks, has been noticeably smooth.
- Last call for the next Mark Le Messurier seminar on Wednesday evening – TOPIC: Setting up for SUCCESS series – DEALING WITH BIG FEELINGS – Coaching kids to manage ANXIOUS to ANGRY feelings, and anything in-between! – Details and free registration here.
- As mentioned last week, the front entrance landscaping project is very close to completion – we thank families for your patience over the last 12 months whilst this project has been undertaken.
- We welcome all students from Years 1 through to 7 to come along to our first student disco for the year on Friday evening, 25th May. A terrific initiative from our school fundraising team to organise the event where students are encouraged to come dressed in yellow, with proceeds going towards our student-led fundraising ventures for 2018, as well as a slice of the takings donated to the Cancer Council, in support of staff and families in our community who are experiencing cancer. Payment can be done via the Qkr! App.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and especially our Sapsasa soccer and netball teams for their knockout games later this week.
- Monday 21/5
- Governing Council Meeting – 7.00pm
- Tuesday 22/5
- Senior Choir Assessment
- Wednesday 23/5
- 10.00am – Year 2, 3, 4 Team Assembly
- 2.15pm – Reception to Year 1 Team Assembly
- 7.00pm – Mark Le Messurier Parent Seminar
- Thursday 24/5
- Sapsasa Knockout Soccer
- Friday 25/5
- Sapsasa Netball Soccer
- School Discos – details to come
- Wednesday 30/5
- School Group Tour for prospective families
- Please consider nominating, celebrating and recognising an outstanding educator in the 2018 Public Education Awards.
- Numbers are building for the two parent seminars we are hosting this term with Mark Le Messurier. Click the date links below for more details including how to register.