News you may have missed
- Terrific achievement by Patrick and Lily in making the district Sapsasa soccer teams – competing this week.
- Well done to our Sapsasa girls knockout netball team – you did Craigburn proud, defeating Aberfoyle Hub in their first game, but bowing out to a strong Woodend PS team.
- More Sapsasa achievements at state cross country day held earlier in June. Well done team, some excellent individual achievements.
- Well done to our Pedal Prix team – the Craigburn Crew’sers – who competed at Victoria Park today (Sunday) finishing 4th (Team 1) and 37th (Team 2) – excellent results and achievement.
- Local author and parent, Kelly Hibbert’s new book launch – details here.
- Canteen Volunteers needed.
- Budding Year 5 scientists in action – See the light – check their post out here – comments welcome.
- Terrific turnout at the third and final Mark Le Messurier parent seminar last Wednesday evening – The ‘art’ Of Using Emotionally Connecting Language With Our Kids – Especially In The Trickier Times! Thank you to all parents and friends who attended. We hope you found Mark’s presentation/s and messages informative and enjoyable. A big thank you to Heather Reid (Learning Support) for coordinating these seminars.
- A great turnout at last week’s team assemblies. The students enjoyed sharing their learning with families and friends. Congratulations to all students who received an achievement award.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
- Monday 25/6
- Governing Council
- Friday 29/6
- 10.15am – Farewell assembly for Kerry Rayner – School Hall – details here
- Wednesday 4/7
- Mid-year student reports sent home
- Thursday 5/7
- Tracky Dack/ Casual Clothes Day – Student-led Fundraiser
- Last day of term for students – normal dismissal
- Friday 6/7
- Pupil Free Day
- Tuesday 31/7
- School Photos Day
- Recent News Posts to check
- Pupil Free Days / School Closure. Reminder as previously posted on Friday 6th July. Teachers and support staff will be undertaking a day of lerning in the Digital Technologies – using STEM tools and 3D printers. As always, we value the opportunity to engage in quality professional learning on each of the four student free days each year. Our OSHC service is open for bookings.
- Excellent articles re parenting can be accessed via the team from Developing Minds – eg 10 ideas for less meltdowns in children with emotional and behavioural challenges when screens are turned off.