- On Friday, we farewelled Mrs Kerry Rayner, who has led our performing arts program at Craigburn for the past 20 years.
- Great work from our student leaders who have decided to support the Tracky Dack Day TLC for Kids campaign. We hope everyone enjoys the last day of term (Thursday 5th July) dressing up in appropriate casual clothes or ‘Trackies’ for the benefit of those children in a less fortunate position. Please bring a gold coin donation (or more if you wish) on the day.
- In recent weeks, teachers have been busy writing mid-year reports which will be sent home on Wednesday afternoon. In reaching the halfway point of the year, it is important that students and parents take time to read through these reports – to share and recognise learning successes and to reflect on areas for growth and improvement. You may wish to use these conversation starters:
- What is something you have achieved of which you are proud?
- What are three things you did to help your classmates?
- What are the three most important things you learned?
- What is something that was hard for you at the start of the year but is easy now?
- In what area do you feel you have improved?
- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates?
- Of the books you read, which was your favourite? Why?
- What was the best piece of writing that you did? Why do you think it is your best?
- What are three describing words (adjectives) that best describe your school year so far?
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and the upcoming school holidays.
Paul Luke – Principal
- Wednesday 4/7
- Mid-year student reports sent home
- Thursday 5/7
- Tracky Dack/ Casual Clothes Day – Student-led Fundraiser
- End of Term Assembly – 10.3oam
- Last day of term for students – normal dismissal
- Friday 6/7
- Pupil Free Day
- Tuesday 31/7
- School Photos Day
- Canteen Volunteers needed.
- Craigburn Beanies – available for purchase.
- Recent News Posts to check
- Pupil Free Days / School Closure. Reminder as previously posted on Friday 6th July. Teachers and support staff will be undertaking a day of lerning in the Digital Technologies – using STEM tools and 3D printers. As always, we value the opportunity to engage in quality professional learning on each of the four student free days each year. Our OSHC service is open for bookings.