- Great to see students, staff and families back at school for Term 4.
- Year 3 and 4 students participated in the Pillow Case Project – an excellent initiative from the Red Cross.
- We celebrate Physical Education Week, with our annual Sports Expo promoting the importance of Health & Physical Education to the learning and development of children and young people. Thanks to our sports teacher, Karen Pettman for her excellent organisation of this year’s expo. Details here.
- On Friday we look forward to our first Colour Fun Run being this year’s major school fundraiser. With less than a week to go we hope all students are on track for their fundraising goal. Further details / information about the Friday’s Colour Fun Run can be found here. A big thank you to parents who have volunteered to help on the day.
- This coming Friday, 26th October, Australia celebrates World Teachers Day – please join in and thank a teacher.
- We look forward to families and friends joining us on Monday 5th November for our second STEM Family Evening. We extend our invitation to grandparents and extended families to come along and join in the learning experience.
- SBS National Languages Competition
Key Dates to Remember
- 22/11 – 25/11 Sports Expo
- 26/11 Colour Fun Run
- 29/11 – 31/11 Year 5 Camp to Wirraway
- 29/11 Governing Council
- 1/11 Music Count Us In Performance
- 2/11 Year 2 Art Gallery Excursion
- 5/11 Family STEM Evening
- 7/11 Sarah Bradley Music Concert
- 7/11 Team Assemblies – R/1 and Years 2/3/4
- 8/11 School Group Tour
- 9/11 Music is Fun
- 9/11 Remembrance Day Assembly – TBA
- 14/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 16/11 Student Free Day
- 21/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 23/11 Gala Day
- 28/11 – 30/11 Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellingtom
- 3/12 Governing Council
- 4/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 7/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal
- 10/12 Celebration Night
- 12/12 Year 7 Graduation
- 14/12 End of Year Dismissal 12.30pm
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Final Student Free Day for 2018 – Friday 16 November.
- Volunteers always needed in the Canteen – please contact Sue or Sue via the canteen if you can help out.
- School opens at 8.30am –Students are able to come onto school grounds from 8.30am when staff are on duty. We ask all parents and caregivers for their support.
- To support our planning for 2019, for students / families who will be not be with us at Craigburn in 2019, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced over the term.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul Luke