Thank you for taking the time to read through this Weekend’s Wrap as well as other recent news posts. The 2018 school year is rapidly drawing to a close, though there is still much to cover over the final six weeks. Please take note the following information and reminders.
- The Year 5 Campers enjoyed a fabulous camp at Wirraway Homestead. Special thanks to the Year 5 teachers for their excellent organisation of the camp and also to the parent volunteers for their terrific support.
- Our Year 1 and 2 students enjoyed their excursions to the Port Noarlunga Reef and Art Gallery. Thanks to all teachers involved and parent volunteers. Pictures can be viewed on our Facebook Page.
The Week Ahead
- We invite and welcome all families to our second STEM Family Evening on Monday 5 November. Details here. – an opportunity to see some of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) /Maker type activities that students are challenged with.
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – auditions to be held on Tuesday 6 November – looking forward to a special showcase of Craigburn talent on Tuesday 4 December.
- Team Assemblies – the last for 2018 – Reception / Year 1 students at 2.15pm and Year 2/3/4 from 10.00am in the school hall. Thank you to families who have joined in these learning celebrations throughout the year.
- Remembrance Day Assembly – The 11th November 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice of World War 1. It is an important day – a day to remember all of those men and women who have fought for their country. We will mark this occasion by having a whole school assembly on Friday 9th November at 2.30pm, commemorating this important event in our nation’s history. Each student will receive a poppy to wear at the assembly. Families welcome to join us at this time.
- School Run4Fun Colour Explosion – Last few days to order prizes.
- Canteen Sushi Day – Tuesday 13 November
- Student Free Day – set for Friday 16th November.
- The Music is Fun Band is performing in the school Hall on Friday November 9th – Week 4. Please see below for class times.
- Concert 1- 9:20am -10:30am Manna D22, Woolford D20, Adriana / Prideaux E24, Sporn A4, Abram A6, Khalaf C15, Hanna C16, Bellette D18, Fischer B8, Lemmey B13
- Concert 2 –11:30am -12:45pm Grimmer D21, Green E25, Hook E23, Wright A1, Humphrys A3, O’Keefe C17, Bennett / McMahon C14, Hepworth B11, Robertson / Spurr B9, Grant B12
- Gala Day is set for Friday 23rd November. For those new and old to Craigburn, Gala Day is an annual event where students showcase their enterprise skills by creating and running a food, craft or activity stall. Being a student-led event, students develop important life skills such as creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking. Only Year 3 – 7 students can run a Gala Day stall. Stay tuned for information.
- Student Discos – Friday evening 23rd November – information to be available soon.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply if heading outside for long periods of time.
- Information re Class Placements – 2019
- Year 7 to High School Update
- Going somewhere or staying with us in 2019 – please let us know if you are leaving.
- Bushfire Ready Procedures
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide SPF 30+ broad spectrum, water resistant sunscreen to and for their child’s use as needed. Teachers will encourage students to apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
Key Dates to Remember
- 5/11 Family STEM Evening
- 7/11 Sarah Bradley Music Concert
- 7/11 Team Assemblies – R/1 and Years 2/3/4
- 9/11 Music is Fun
- 9/11 Remembrance Day Assembly – TBA
- 12/11 Governing Council
- 13/11 Canteen Special Day – Sushi
- 14/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 15/11 Year 5/6/7 assembly from 2.00pm
- 16/11 Student Free Day
- 21/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 23/11 Gala Day / Discos
- 27/11 Blackwood High School Information Night and Transition Day for 2019 Year 8 students
- 28/11 – 30/11 Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington
- 3/12 Governing Council
- 4/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 7/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal
- 10/12 Celebration Night
- 12/12 Year 7 Graduation
- 14/12 End of Year Dismissal 12.30pm
- Sporting Schools Golf program and Sports Expo Week. Thanks to PE Teacher, Karen Pettman for her efforts.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul Luke – Principal