Thank You To:
- All families and friends for joining us throughout the year for our team assemblies. The R-4 classes have appreciated your support and have enjoyed sharing their learning. The final Year 5-7 assembly is set for this Thursday from 2.00pm.
- Families and friends who attended last Monday’s STEM Family Evening – terrific to see such a positive turnout with students, parents and teachers engaged in a variety of STEM learning challenges.
- We practised our Bushfire Drill on Thursday just prior to lunch. Good to see students aware of the importance of practising this important emergency procedure. Reminder to all families to check in with our Bushfire Ready Procedures.
- We trust students enjoyed the Music is Fun experience, which proved again to be a major hit – thank you to Elizabeth McDonald for coordinating this valued annual event.
- Our student leaders organised and led the Remembrance Day assembly on Friday afternoon. All students received a special poppy / ribbon to wear and showed very respectful behaviour throughout the ceremony.
- Recycling Week – The Green Team of environmentally aware and active students led by Mrs Bellette and our garden specialist Emily Gray have organised numerous activities for the week ahead promoting recycling behaviours and practices. These will be introduced at a short assembly on Monday morning.
- Reception Transition – We look forward to welcoming our new receptions starters for 2019, as they undertake their first transition visit on Wednesday morning.
- The Canteen will be selling Sushi Rolls on Tuesday to those who ordered by last Thursday.
- Reminder – Student Free Day this Friday. Teachers will be undertaking a review and analysis of student learning data and planning for the 2019 school year..
- Gala Day is set for Friday 23rd November. The first news post regarding the day is here.
- On the evening of the same day, Friday 23rd November we have our last school discos. Details here.
- Reminder our annual Celebration Night is set for Monday 10th December. We are pleased to announce former Craigburn student Georgia Carey will be our guest performer. Some of you may remember Georgia appeared a few years ago on The Voice.
School Facilities – Learning Environment Opportunity Study
- Please take time to read through the recent post, Learning Environment Opportunity Study, where parents and community members are invited to provide feedback regarding the existing and future use of our school facilities. Details here.
Key Dates to Remember
- 12/11 Governing Council Meeting
- 13/11 Canteen Special Day – Sushi
- 14/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 15/11 Year 5/6/7 assembly from 2.00pm
- 16/11 Student Free Day
- 21/11 2019 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 23/11 Gala Day / Discos
- 27/11 Blackwood High School Information Night and Transition Day for 2019 Year 8 students
- 28/11 – 30/11 Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington
- 3/12 Governing Council
- 4/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 7/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal
- 10/12 Celebration Night
- 12/12 Year 7 Graduation
- 12/12 End of Year Reports go home
- 14/12 End of Year Dismissal 12.30pm
Recent Posts and Friendly Reminders
- Canteen Sushi Day – Tuesday 13 November
- Student Free Day – set for Friday 16th November.
- Going somewhere or staying with us in 2019 – please let us know if you are leaving.
- Bushfire Ready Procedures.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide SPF 30+ broad spectrum, water resistant sunscreen to and for their child’s use as needed. Teachers will encourage students to apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul Luke, Principal