Happy new year and welcome back to all Craigburn families and friends for the 2019 school year. I trust everyone enjoyed a safe and happy summer break. I’m sure your child / children is / are looking forward to reconnecting with school friends, old and new – and their teachers too!
We look forward to seeing families and friends back at school on Tuesday morning from 8.30am ready for class by 8.50am. A special welcome to our new reception families and those families starting at Craigburn this year.
The Weekly Wrap, published the evening before the first school day of the week, aims to provide families with relevant information, key events and friendly reminders for the week ahead as well as a short summary from the previous school week.
Best wishes to all for the year and week ahead.
Regards, Paul Luke – Principal
- Teachers and support staff back at school.
- Tuesday 29/1 – Welcome back assembly 10.30am – school hall
Save the Dates
- Tuesday 12 February – Acquaintance Night set – details to come.
- Monday 18 February – Annual General Meeting – details to come.
- Wednesday 20 February 6.30pm to 8.00pm – Growth and Development Parent Workshop run by KidzBiz – Topic – Overexposed & Under Prepared – Booking details to come.
- Friday 8th March – School Week 6 – Student Free Day (all schools in our Partnership of schools participating in joint PD Day).
- Friday 22 March – School Week 8 – Sports Day.
As we return to school, please take note of the following school information and procedures.
First Day – Take Home Packs
On Tuesday, your child will be taking home a white envelope, containing the following information:
- Student Personal Data form – please check details thoroughly and sign before returning to school in the white envelope – either in person at the front office or via your child’s class teacher.
- Student Health Care Information form (blue) – This compulsory form can also be returned in the white envelope – either in person at the front office or via your child’s class teacher.
- Materials and Services Charge with payment information and options.
- 2019 Swimming Program Invoice and Consent Forms – Reception to Year 5 students only. (Year 6/7 Aquatics Program to be finalised)
Please ensure you promptly return the student information updates. During the year any changes to contact numbers need to be communicated to the school as soon as they occur.
Arriving at School
The school is open for students and families from 8.30am. For safety reasons, we ask that students do not come onto school grounds unsupervised before this time. Teachers will begin opening classrooms with classes commencing at 8.50am. Students are expected to wait outside their classrooms upon arrival.
The first few minutes of the school day are very important as this is when daily notices and reminders about events are given, notes are collected, communication books are checked, the student diary is shared and a range of other important organisational matters are dealt with. Students who arrive even a few minutes late, often miss this valuable information and disadvantage themselves.
If your child is going to be absent please contact the school by phone (leave a message) or by email.
Safety, Traffic and Parking
Parents are reminded to follow local council traffic and parking rules and to be in consideration of local residents, when using the ‘drop-off and pick-up’ zone and when parking adjacent to the school for any length of time. The staff car park is not to be used for the drop off and pick up of children as doing so is dangerous and causes congestion – unless using the disability access park.
Parents are not permitted to park within the staff car park, unless prior to 7.30am and after 5.00pm – for OSHC reasons or attending after-hours meetings. Parents are able to access the disability park in staff car when displaying the relevant permit. Please contact the front office for emergency access.
Hats and Sun Safety
Craigburn Primary School is a recognised Sun Smart School. The Sun Smart Policy is reviewed every two years in consultation with Cancer SA who endorse the school policy. To ensure students are protected from the sun, all students must wear a legionnaire style or broad brimmed hat when outdoors during the months of September through to May. Students do not need to wear a hat during the winter months of June, July and August.
Students are encouraged to bring their sunscreen to school which they can apply before outdoor activities and lunch times.
Lost and Found Library Books
If you came across any library books during the holidays we would appreciate you returning them to school so that they can be made available for others to borrow. Please return all books even if they are damaged so we can repair or replace them.
8.30am Students are allowed on school grounds.
Students may enter their classrooms, at the teachers’ discretion.
8.50am Siren sounds and the school day begins.
Please ensure that your child is at school by this time.
Students arriving after 9:00am must sign in at the front office.
10.50am Morning Recess
11.20am Morning lessons continue
12.50pm Children eat their lunch in the classroom
1.00pm Lunch play
1.30pm Lessons resume.
3.10pm Children are dismissed.
The playgrounds / equipment and play areas can be used after school with parent / caregiver supervision.
- Information to be published soon.
- SunSmart – Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers remind students to apply as needed.
- As per Bushfire procedures – all students to have a labelled towel and water bottle kept in the class.