- We trust everyone had an enjoyable long weekend.
- Teaching, learning and admin support staff enjoyed a productive professional learning day with educators from our local partnership of schools and preschools, led by Steve Francis.
- House Teams continued to meet in the lead up to Sports Day – which team will win the Sports Day Shield in 2019 – will it be Bradman, Fraser, Riley or Woodforde?
- We host our first team assemblies this week on Wednesday, where students and classes get to share their learning achievements with each other and families. Please check in with the recent post, Team Assemblies, for dates / times for 2019. We understand that it’s not always possible for family members to make these times, however when you can, your support is always valued and appreciated by students and staff alike.
- On Wednesday, we also host a special assembly for students in Years 5-7 – where Jez, a One Girl team member and head of their fundraising team, will speak to students and teachers about the impact of their Do It in a Dress fundraising campaign during the 2017, in which Craigburn played a major part. Jez will share some of the stories of the girls who are now part of their programs in Sierra Leone, and speak more broadly about the amazing impact of girls’ education.
The Week Ahead
- Tuesday 12/3
- 9:00am SAPSASA Knockout Cricket at Craigburn
- Wednesday 13/3
- 10.00am Year 2/3/4 Team Assembly in the Hall
- 2.15am Reception / Year 1 Team Assembly in the Hall
- Thursday 14/3
- 11.30am House Teams meet
- Friday 15/3
- Growth and Development Sessions for Years 5 students
Best wishes to all for the week ahead – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- The Canteen is helping to celebrate Harmony Day on Thursday 21st March by offering special Harmony Day donuts for purchase.
- Please check the recent post for ordering details – due by Friday 15th March.
Sports Day – Shout Out
- This year we are aiming to provide more shade and seating for families strategically placed around the oval.
- If any families have portable shade shelters for us to use on the day – please let us know by contacting the front office in person / phone or by the admin email email@example.com
- Thank you to the families who have already provided this feedback and offered to help.
- Wednesday 13th March – Team Assemblies – R/1 and Year 2/3/4 classes
- Wednesday 21st March – Harmony Day
- Friday 22nd March – Sports Day
- Monday 25th March Swimming and Aquatics Week- Years 3/4/5 Swimming and Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Monday 1st April – Student-led Conferences begin.
- Tuesday 9th April – Police Band Performance
- Friday 5th April – Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly at 2.00pm
- Friday 12th April – Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Year 7 Transition to High School – Update
- Disability Policy and Programs Parent Forum
- Code It Yourself
- Flagstaff Hill Art Show
- Year 7 Transition to High School – Mitcham Girls High School
- Head Lice
- Team Assemblies
- Blackwood High Open Night
- Aberfoyle Park High School – Open Night
- Learning Support – Information for Families
- Thank you to those of you who have already indicated your willingness to volunteer at school, which is greatly valued and appreciated. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year.