Road / Traffic / Pedestrian Safety
- In recent weeks, we have received a number of reports of students not travelling safely to and from school.
- The reports involve students crossing Black Road without using the pedestrian crossing lights. Instances of students riding their bikes unsafely have also been reported.
- If your child / children walks or rides a bike to and from school, please take time to talk with him / her / them about road safety. Thank you.
School Discos – Save the Date
- Friday 29th March – stay tuned for details – coming soon!
- Well done to the students who represented Craigburn in the SAPSASA Knockout Cricket last Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, the boys were not able to get over the line against a tough team from Belair.
- We welcomed a number of work experience students from Aberfoyle Park High School who undertook their placement at Craigburn, most being ex-Craigburn students. We thank them for their efforts and work.
- We hosted our first team assemblies last Wednesday, where students and classes shared their learning achievements. Thank you to the families and friends who were able to join us. Please check in with the post, Team Assemblies, for other dates / times for 2019.
- On Wednesday, we also hosted a special assembly for students in Years 5-7 – led by Jez, who heads up the fundraising team from One Girl. Jez gave an excellent presentation to students and teachers, sharing the positive impact of the Do It in a Dress campaign from 2017, in which Craigburn played a major part. It was rewarding to learn about the stories of girls who are now part of schooling programs in Sierra Leone.
- Harmony Day is celebrated each year at Craigburn on 21st March – this Thursday – parents and friends welcome to join us for a whole school assembly at 10.15am in the hall. Details here.
- We are all looking forward to Sports Day this Friday, which always promises to be a fun and active day. Volunteer support is always appreciated and valued – to run the BBQ, food and drink stalls – please check the recent ‘call for help’ post for details.
- Sports Day program will be sent home early this week.
- Another Shout Out to families who may be able help with providing shade shelters for us to use on the day – please let us know by contacting the front office in person / phone or by the admin email.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
The Week Ahead
- Monday 18/3
- Tuesday 19/3
- Wednesday 20/3
- Thursday 21/3
- 9:00am Sports Day Practice March to the Oval
- 10:15am Harmony Day Assembly
- 2,00pm Crows Womens team with Year 6/7s
- Friday 22/3
- Sports Day
- Saturday 23/3
- Westminster Challenge
Best wishes to all for the week ahead – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- Thursday 21st March – Harmony Day
- Friday 22nd March – Sports Day
- Monday 25th March Swimming and Aquatics Week- Years 3/4/5 Swimming and Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Friday 29th March
- Monday 1st April – Student-led Conferences begin.
- Tuesday 9th April – Police Band Performance
- Friday 5th April – Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly at 2.00pm
- Friday 12th April – Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Day 2019
- The Hub Market
- Harmony Day 2019
- Netball Registrations 2019 – Closing Soon!
- Sports Day 2019 – Canteen Information
- Sapsasa Swimming Carnival
- Heathfield High School
Thank you to those of you who have already indicated your willingness to volunteer at school, which is greatly valued and appreciated. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year.