- Thank you to the families who have already expressed interest in the 2019 South Korean Students Homestay Program – we do need more families – please check the recent post for details and to register your expression of interest. Stay tuned for more details from Nicky Taylor (Senior Leader).
- Thank you to families who recently attended their child’s / children’s student led conference/s. These conferences are an important part of our annual assessment and reporting practices where students take an active role in sharing their reflections of their achievements from Term 1 and learning goals moving forward. If you were unable to meet with your child’s teacher, please contact them to arrange a time to meet early next term.
- Thank you to the many parents who have taken the time to support the school throughout the term. We are fortunate to have supportive families and friends who take an interest in school life. Thank you also to those of you who have completed the necessary volunteer requirements to volunteer at school. Opportunities to help out in various ways are communicated to families throughout the year. Please check in with these requirements if you would like to volunteer.
- The Green Team – our environmental leaders who have been planning and managing environmental activities and programs across the school, increasing awareness and taking action on issues to do with environmental sustainability. Members of the Green Team have been nominated to join the Natural Resource Management Education’s Youth Environmental Leaders Program and will be participating in three events in Terms 1, 2 and 3 – the first being on Tuesday at Cleland Wildlife Park with student leaders from other schools. The students will be participating in a workshop where they will be led by mentors to explore sustainability through outdoor activities and games building their skills and understanding of sustainability. We look forward to them sharing their learning back at school.
- Drew, who has been selected into the Southern Heights Sapsasa Boys softball team and will be at the carnival next week (week 11) from Monday to Thursday. A great achievement – good luck Drew.
- Galen, who participated in the School Sport SA Diving championships at the SA Aquatic and Leisure centre, finishing a successful day with a 3rd in the 11 year old 1 metre springboard event and a 3rd in synchronised diving. Well done Galen a great achievement.
Friendly Reminder – Pick Up Zone
- The Drop Off and Pick Up Zone (off Murrays Hill Rd) displays signage informing motorists that parking in the Zone is restricted to 2 minutes from 3.00 to 3.30pm. This traffic control was put in place from the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal.
- Traffic rangers visit schools (mostly without notice) to monitor these zones, and will issue infringement notices where appropriate.
- Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child / children.
The Week Ahead
- Monday 8/4
- Student Led Conferences Continue
- Governing Council Meeting
- Tuesday 9/4
- The Police Band will be entertaining students at a whole school gathering in the hall from 10.00am – Parents welcome to attend.
- Footy Clinics for students in R-2 after Recess
- Thursday 11/4
- Last day of term – normal dismissal
- Friday 12/4
- Student Free Day
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and for the Easter / School Holiday period
- Tuesday 9th April – Police Band Performance
- Thursday 11th April – Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
- Friday 12th April – Student Free Day
- School Holidays / Easter / ANZAC Day
- Monday 29th May – Term 2 starts – Swimming Week for Reception to Year 2 students
- Wednesday 1st May
- Parent Reading Workshop for Reception / Year 1 Parents – 2.00 to 3.00pm – Library
- Parent Reading Workshop for Reception / Year 1 Parents – 6.00 to 7.00pm – Library
- Thursday 2nd May
- District Athletics Carnival
- Friday 10th May
- District Cross Country
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Reminder – Student Free Day – Friday 12th April
- Auskick 2019
- Reminder: Last Week for Soccer Registrations
- School Sport SA Diving
- South Korean Homestay Program
- 2019 ICAS Competitions Closing Soon
- Student Free Days and School Closure for 2019
Friendly Reminder – Staff Car Park
- We are noticing a small number of parents continuing to use the staff car park for drop off and pick up. Another friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only. There is a reserved space for disability parking (permit required). Thank you.