Congratulations and Well Done
- A big well done to our Tournament of Minds team who presented their solution to a six-week long term challenge in front of a panel of judges at Flinders University today – with an ‘Australiana take’ on the Wizard of Oz.
- Congratulations to Emily, Carys, Amelie, Will, Abbie and Olivia for their outstanding effort over the last six weeks practising and rehearsing. Their performance was enjoyable to watch and showed how well the team worked together to present such a creative solution. Special thanks to Miss Grant for expertly facilitating the team and for her after-hours commitment to supporting the team. Great support on the day from families too.
- TOURNAMENT HONOURS – Double congratulations to the team who late this afternoon were awarded ‘Tournament Honours’ – for achieving in the top 15% of teams within their primary school division. An outstanding achievement. For over twenty years, Craigburn has entered teams into the annual Tournament of Minds competition held in September at Flinders University. Tournament of Minds (TOM) is a problem solving challenge for teams of students from both primary and secondary years. They are required to solve demanding, open-ended challenges in Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) and The Arts.
- To the Senior Choir who next Saturday afternoon will be performing at the Festival Theatre as part of the annual Primary Schools Music Festival.
- The Choir has been practising keenly every Thursday afternoon and will have their final rehearsal on Thursday in preparation for the big day on Saturday.
- Special acknowledgement to Performing Arts teacher Liz Eland and Year 5 teacher Tamsar Bellette for their great work / efforts in training the Choir over the course of the year.
- We wish the Choir all the best for their upcoming performance.
- Please note, the next team assemblies are scheduled for school week 9 – see dates below – we look forward to students / classes sharing their learning.
- The final Pedal Prix event is coming soon with the 24 hour race at Murray Bridge set for Saturday 21st and Sunday 22 September. Go Crew’sers.
- This Thursday is RUOK Day – an important day and time to check in with each other and start an RUOK? conversation using these four steps:
- 1. Ask R U OK?
- 2. Listen
- 3. Encourage action
- 4. Check in
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- Book Week Incursion – Jane Jolly
- Festival of Music – Rehearsal
- Festival of Music – Afternoon Performance
- Governing Council
- Team Assemblies R-1, 2-4
- Team Assemblies Year 5/6/7
Saturday 21/9 and Sunday 22/9
- Pedal Prix at Murray Bridge
Monday 23/9 – Wednesday 25/9
- Year 3 Camp – Narnu Farm
Wednesday 25/9 – Friday 27/9
- Year 3/4 and 4 Camp to Mylor
- Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Parenting SA – Seminar – Positive ways to help children behave
- Last call for Canteen Special Day
- Lost property continues to build up – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be unsupervised on school grounds prior to this time.
- To support our planning for 2020, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2020 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- 2020 Reception Enrolments / Transition – Families that have a sibling enrolment for 2020 will receive a transition letter soon, outlining information for transition visits, which will occur over three consecutive Wednesdays 13th, 20th and 27th of November.