- To our Senior Choir who performed on Saturday afternoon at the Festival Theatre as part of the Primary Schools Music Festival – a fabulous performance after months of practice and rehearsals. Well done to all members of the Choir for their hard work and efforts. Special thanks to Liz Eland and Tamsar Bellette for leading the Choir and to families who came along to support their children.
- To the Craigburn Crew’sers for their final Pedal Prix (24 hour) event at Murray Bridge next weekend on Saturday and Sunday. All three Crew’sers’ teams will be in action.
SRC- led Casual Clothes Day – Charity
- The SRC have organised a ‘casual clothes’ day for Friday 20th September and are asking students bring along a gold coin to donate and raise money for the RSPCA – a very worthy cause.
- Team assemblies this week – we appreciate and value families who are able to come along to support our students as they share their learning. Dates / times below.
- Earlier this year in May, students in Years 3, 5 and 7 sat the first ever NAPLAN online assessments. We have been informed that the results of these assessments in the form of ‘NAPLAN reporting packs’ – will be distributed to schools before the end of term and sent home via your child in sealed envelopes, containing a Student Report and Individual Student Summary.
- The school receives detailed information about the progress of students in this annual assessment, and we carefully utilise this data to plan for improvements in literacy and numeracy as part of our site improvement planning cycle. We also undertake school based tests using the ACER PAT-R (reading) and PAT-M (maths) tests, which have been undertaken in recent weeks.
- In the early analysis of our school’s results, we are pleased to see positive growth occurring across all areas of literacy and numeracy and in students attaining higher band status. Whilst this is pleasing to share, our focus continues to be on building our capacity to implement evidence-based literacy and numeracy practices across the school. This has been evident in the significant increase of student achievement in our Year Phonics Screening check from 2018. A more detailed analysis of our NAPLAN results will be published in our next Annual Report.
- If you wish to discuss your child’s NAPLAN results, please contact his / her teacher.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- Governing Council 7.00pm
- Canteen Special Menu Day
- Team Assemblies
- Years 2- 4 at 10.00am
- Reception / Year 1 at 2.15pm
- Casual Clothes Day
- Team Assemblies
- Year 5/6/7 at 2.00pm
Saturday 21/9 and Sunday 22/9
- Pedal Prix at Murray Bridge
Monday 23/9 – Wednesday 25/9
- Year 3 Camp – Narnu Farm
Wednesday 25/9 – Friday 27/9
- Year 3/4 and 4 Camp to Mylor
- Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- We would like to clear all lost property before the end of term – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
- To support our planning for 2020, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2020 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- 2020 Reception Enrolments / Transition – Families that have a sibling enrolment for 2020 will receive a transition letter soon, outlining information for transition visits, which will occur over three consecutive Wednesdays 13th, 20th and 27th of November.