Thank you to all families for your ongoing support with our in-school and after-school hours programs over the last term. Students and school staff value and appreciate your support.
It has been rewarding to see high levels of student and family participation in a wide range of activities including: Korean Homestay Program, Book Week, After-School Hours Sports (Netball, Soccer, Basketball), Sapsasa, Sport Clinics, Festival of Music Choir, Pedal Prix, Tournament of Minds, ICAS competitions, Footsteps Dance, assemblies, camps, excursions, incursions and various other year-level and class based programs. Congratulations to all students who participated and represented the school in extra-curricular activities.
For these in-school activities, events and programs to occur, it takes a commitment from teaching and support staff – who work tirelessly in the best interests of the students in our care. We would like to acknowledge and thank our staff for their dedication and efforts in leading and managing these learning programs over the term.
We would like to give a special mention to our 3 x Craigburn Crew’ser Pedal Prix Teams, who took to the track over the weekend in the 24 hour event at Murray Bridge. Team Craigburn was in great spirits with terrific family support. A huge thank you to Mark Lemmey for continuing to lead a quality program throughout the year and to all students and families for their support. Excellent results from all teams including a top 10 finish. Results here: http://www.ahpvss.com/admin/aipp.php
- Thank you to all students who brought in a gold coin donation at last Friday’s casual clothes day charity fundraiser – over $550 was raised which goes to the RSPCA. A great job by our SRC reps in organising the day.
- Thank you to our Canteen Staff and volunteers who prepared the yummy meatball subs last Tuesday.
- A good turnout again by families who came along to last week’s team assemblies – we appreciate families taking the time to support our students as they share their learning.
- Reminder – Last Student Free Day. Earlier this year, the Governing Council endorsed the final student free day for the school year to occur on Friday 22nd November. On this day, school staff will be working on analysing student learning data from this year’s NAPLAN and Progressive Achievement Test
We trust everyone enjoys some quality family time over the upcoming school holidays and long weekend.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Monday 23/9 – Wednesday 25/9
- Year 3 Camp – Narnu Farm
Wednesday 25/9 – Friday 27/9
- Year 3/4 and 4 Camp to Mylor
- Last Day of Term – Normal Dismissal
- OSHC Vacation Care for October – Program here.
- 2019 NAPLAN test results for students in Years 3, 5 and 7 to be sent home with students on Tuesday in sealed envelopes, containing a Student Report and Individual Student Summary.
- Please make contact with your child’s teacher if you wish to discuss your child’s results.
- The Cold and Flu season is still with us, affecting many students, staff and families. Thank you to the families who keep us informed of absences related to sickness either via phone or email.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Staff Car Park
- Lost Property
- OSHC – Vacation Care – October
- Festival Choir Performance 2019
- Parenting SA – Seminar – Positive ways to help children behave
- We would like to clear all lost property before the end of term – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
- To support our planning for 2020, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2020 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
- 2020 Reception Enrolments / Transition – Families that have a sibling enrolment for 2020 will receive a transition letter soon, outlining information for transition visits, which will occur over three consecutive Wednesdays 13th, 20th and 27th of November.