Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Weekly Wrap as well as other recent news posts.
- Students received their Premier’s Be Active Challenge (PBAC) medals on Friday, which were proudly worn my many students after school. Craigburn has been identified as one of the top 50 schools in South Australia who participate annually in the PBAC and as such, we have been invited to attend a special celebration on Thursday 21st November where two Craigburn students will receive a special award from the Premier, Mr Steven Marshall.
- We have also received a special invitation as one of only ten schools in the state to attend a Growing With Gratitude end of year event. A group of Year 6 students will be selected to attend with Mrs Pettman.
- Thank you to families and friends who joined us throughout the year for our team assemblies. Students and teachers appreciated your support and enjoyed sharing their learning. The final Year 5-7 assembly is set for this Friday from 2.00pm after a whole school assembly from 1.30pm.
- Music is Fun proved to be an enjoyable experience as it has over many years. Thanks to Performing Arts Teacher, Liz Eland, for organising this valued annual event.
- Our student leaders will be leading the Remembrance Day ceremony / whole school assembly on Monday morning. All students will receive a special poppy / ribbon to wear to mark the occasion. More details here.
- As part of Recycling Week initiatives – Emily and several classes undertook a Waste / Bin Audit on Thursday – and this week will analyse the results to consider and implement actions to reduce waste at our school. Great to see members of the Green Team promoting our school’s recycling activities in last week’s Messenger.
- This week we welcome our new receptions starters for 2020, as they undertake their first transition visit on Wednesday.
- On Friday evening 15th November we have our final school disco for the year with a Beach Party Theme. Details here. Please let the front office know if you can help out (Volunteer procedures must be met).
- We look forward to our school production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Tuesday 19th November which promises to be an enjoyable performance. Details here.
- Gala Day is set for Thursday 21st November. For those new and old to Craigburn, Gala Day is an annual event where students showcase their enterprise skills by creating and running a food, craft or activity stall. Being a student-led event, students develop important life skills such as creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking. Only Year 3 – 7 students can run a Gala Day stall. Please check in with the recent Gala Day post for more details.
- Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea – check for details.
- Reminder – Student Free Day on Friday 22nd November. Teachers will be undertaking a review and analysis of student learning data and planning for the 2020 school year.
- Reminder our annual Celebration Night is set for Monday 9th December. Classes are practising their dances.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Key Dates to Remember
- 11/11 Recycling Week starts, Remembrance Day Assembly – 10.30am
- 13/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 1
- 15/11 Year 5/6/7 Team Assembly at 2.00pm. Evening Disco – Beach Party Theme
- 18/11 Governing Council
- 19/11 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Performances – details here
- 20/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 2
- 21/11 Gala Day
- 22/11 Student Free Day
- 27/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit 3, Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington (to 29/11)
- 02/12 Governing Council
- 05/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 06/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal in morning, Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea
- 09/12 Celebration Night
- 10/12 R,1,2 Fun Day (details to come)
- 11/12 Class Swaps for 2020, End of Year Reports, Year 7 Graduation
- 13/12 End of Year – Dismissal 12.30pm
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Growing with Gratitude – Year 6 Opportunity
- Coromandel Community Centre Dog’s Day Out – Sunday November 17th
- Aberfoyle Park High School Pedal Prix – Expressions of Interest 2020
- Bushfire Procedures
- Whole School Remembrance Day Assembly
- Waste Audit
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 2019
- Sports Expo Fun 2019
- Class Structure and Student Placement 2020
- Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea – Friday 6 December
- ‘Beach Party’ Disco – Friday 15th November
- Gala Day 2019
- Craigburn’s Got Talent Finalists 2019
- Blackwood High School Year 8 Parent Information Night & Transition Day 2019
- Aberfoyle Park High School’s IGNITE program – 2021
- The use of mobile phones in schools is currently receiving much attention around Australia. We remind parents / carers who provide their child / children with a mobile phone – that they are not to be used by students upon arrival at school, nor during the school day, and up until they have left the school grounds.
- Phones brought to school must be switched off and left in school bags and are not to be accessed. Please note the school accepts no responsibility for the theft, breakage or loss of phones / devices.
- We ask parents / carers who need to get in touch with their child during the school day to call the school and speak with our front office staff who will communicate the message to the child through the class teacher.
- Our front office is staffed from 8.00am – 4.15pm daily, allowing parents to make contact with the school before arrival or after dismissal. If and when students have a realistic need to contact their parents after school, class teachers / front office staff can help facilitate this at the front office.
- Students who use phones during the day will have them confiscated, with the phone taken to the front office for safe keeping – parents / carers will be notified.
- We ask parents / carers to support these procedures to ensure consistency across the school. Thank you.
- Reminder to all families to check in with our Bushfire Procedures.
- To support our planning and developing our class structure for 2020 – for students / families who will not be with us at Craigburn in 2020, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you to those who have already informed us.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced over last term.