Last week was a challenging time for many schools in bushfire risk areas. As a school with a R2 bushfire risk rating, Craigburn Primary School and the OSHC Service were required to close given the CFS’s advanced declaration of a catastrophic fire danger rating for the Mt Lofty District last Wednesday. Thank you to families for keeping up to date with our communications (news blog, emails and Facebook) leading up to last Wednesday’s closure. Let’s hope that these extreme weather conditions are few and far between. The outlook for the week ahead looks much better than this time last week.
- Three ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ performances were enjoyed last Tuesday by students, families and friends. Congratulations and well done to all students for your excellent efforts in rehearsing throughout the year and performing on stage. Special thanks to Performing Arts teacher Liz Eland for leading the cast and to the support crew including Mr Spurr, Mr Hanna, Mrs Bellette and Heather.
- Great teamwork from students who led Gala Day stalls on Thursday. Gala Day,once again proved to be popular with many old favourites and new enterprising stalls on display. Thank you to supporting families for your behind the scenes help. We look forward to finding out how the students would like to spend the money raised. Thank you to the student leaders and Mr Warncken for coordinating the day.
- Craigburn was invited to attend the Premier’s Be Active Challenge reception, as one of the top 50 highest achieving schools in SA to complete the PBAC this year. Check in with the recent post to find out more. A great achievement by all – and thank you to Matilda and Tom for representing our school.
- We host our final transition session this Wednesday for all Reception starters in 2020. Special welcome to all new families to Craigburn, we trust your child enjoyed their first taste of school life. Please check the guide to starting school by Kids Matter. Thank you to Craigburn parent, Lisa Barkham, for again supporting the transition program and making our new students and families feel very welcomed.
- We are all looking forward to Craigburn’s Got Talent on Thursday 5th December, which promises to be an enjoyable event. We have many talented students at Craigburn, who have been rehearsing and refining their acts, ready for the big day.
- We look forward to a community morning tea on Friday morning, 6th December from 10.40am in the school. This is an opportunity for us to say thank you to all parents, caregivers and friends who have volunteered to support the school throughout the year. Our school and children greatly benefit from the wonderful support we receive. For catering purposes please check this recent post to register your attendance.
- Reminder our annual Celebration Night is set for Monday 9th December, where our community joins together to enjoy song and dance performances as well as end of year presentations and farewells.
- At this time of the year, we prepare to say farewell to our Year 7 students (and some families too) who will participate in a graduation dinner and ceremony on Wednesday evening 11th December. This is a special time for students, staff and families where we acknowledge and celebrate the participation of all Year 7 students who have been a central part of our school community over many years.
- End of Year Assembly – We will be hosting our traditional ‘End of Year Assembly’ at 10.00am on Friday 13th December. This is a time where we share gratitude for our collective work and efforts throughout the year, as well as farewelling our Year 7 students and other students / staff who are leaving. All parents and friends are welcome to attend.
- Don’t forget that we close at 12.30pm on the last day of term – Friday 13th December. The Governing Council has endorsed this early dismissal as per previous years. The OSHC service will available from this time.
Material and Services Charge – Polling Letter
- At our recent governing council meeting, members approved the Material and Services Charge to be set at $440 for the 2020 school year.
- The governing council now asks that you support their recommendation (via a Poll) to increase the legally recoverable amount to the prescribed sum of $440, as part of the Department’s Debt Collection Policy.
- Parents will be receiving a polling letter soon outlining this process and with a voting slip.
Staffing / Class Numbers Update
- With three weeks remaining to end the school year, we are endeavouring to finalise our staffing allocation for 2020, being dependent on the department’s central staffing processes. We will be providing an update as soon as we are in a position to do so.
- Class Numbers for 2020 – At this stage we will have 20 classes, remaining the same as this year.
Class Placement Update
- As mentioned previously, we are in the process of placing students in classes for next, which is a complex and time-consuming process.
- Students will be informed of their placement on Wednesday 11th December, where they will visit their new class for 2020 after Recess.
- On the same day, parents / caregivers are informed via a class placement letter.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Key Dates to Remember
- 27/11 2020 Reception Transition Visit, Year 6 Camp to El Shaddai, Wellington (to 29/11)
- 02/12 Governing Council
- 05/12 Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 06/12 Celebration Night Rehearsal in morning, Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea
- 09/12 Celebration Night
- 10/12 R,1,2 Fun Day (details to come)
- 11/12 Class Swaps for 2020, End of Year Reports, Year 7 Graduation
- 13/12 End of Year – Dismissal 12.30pm
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Team Photos 2019
- Premier’s Be Active Challenge Reception
- Reception Transition Program
- Bushfire Procedures
- New OSHC Enrolments for 2020
- Save The Date – Quiz Night 2020
- Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea – Friday 6 December
- Reminder to all families to check in with our Bushfire Procedures.
- To support our planning and developing our class structure for 2020 – for students / families who will not be with us at Craigburn in 2020, we would appreciate parents / caregivers contact the school to inform us via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you to those who have already informed us.
- Please check the lost property stall in the hallway adjacent to the school canteen for any items that may have been misplaced over last term.