Great to see everyone back at school last week and once again a special welcome to all new students and families.
We would like to acknowledge all teaching, admin and learning support staff for their efforts and work in preparing for the 2020 school year. Teachers have spent considerable time after school hours and on weekends, preparing classrooms / learning spaces and establishing learning programs in collaboration with colleagues. Similarly, admin and learning support staff have been busy preparing for the year.
We would also like to commend all students for their positive start to the school year. At our opening assembly last Tuesday we discussed the importance of our shared positive learning expectations based on our school values of Self-Worth, Caring and Responsibility. It is pleasing to see students embrace our school values and learning expectations through their everyday behaviours.
As usual there is much information to share at this time of the year – thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap and other news posts.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- A further update has been posted regarding the Coronavirus. Important information can be found here.
Kidz Biz – Family / Parent Evening – Growth and Development
- Craigburn Primary School will be hosting a Growth & Development Family Evening for families on Tuesday 11th February.
- The two sessions conducted by Kidz Biz Educationare designed to be fun, informative and easy to understand.
- Please check the recent post for details and how to register attendance.
- We look forward to families joining us at our annual Acquaintance Evening on Tuesday 18th February. A news post will be published this week with details. Teachers will also be sending home further information prior to the evening.
Student Free Day – Tuesday 10th March
- On Tuesday 10th March, our staff will be joining with other educators from our partnership of schools and preschools at a professional learning workshop in the area of Literacy.
- We aim to finalise our other student free days and school closure for 2020 in the near future.
External School Review
- On Monday 10th and Tuesday 11th February, we will be participating in an external school review facilitated by a department review officer and review principal, who will be visiting the school. The review officer and principal will be meeting with the leadership team, teams of teachers / students and representatives from our governing council.
- Over a 4-year period, all government schools are externally reviewed against the question: ‘how well does this school support student achievement, growth, challenge and equity?’ After the review, a report will be given to the school containing recommendations to form part of the school’s improvement planning processes.
Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Governing Council will be held on Monday 24th February in the Library, commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting there will be light refreshments available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will be available.
- The AGM is a great opportunity to celebrate and share in our school’s achievements and highlights of 2019 and your chance to talk to staff and current Governing Council members. More details to follow soon.
- Wednesday 05/02
- 9.00am BYO iPad Parent Induction
- 6.00pm BYO iPad Parent Induction
- Friday 07/02
- 9.00am BYO iPad Parent Induction
The Term Ahead
Please check in with these key dates / events on our 2020 school calendar
- Wednesday 5/2 – BYO iPad Parent Induction – see recent post for times
- Friday 7/2 – BYO iPad Parent Induction – see recent post for times
- Tuesday 11/2 – Kidz Biz Growth and Development Sessions
- Tuesday 18/2 – Acquaintance Evening
- Monday 24/2 – Annual General Meeting
- Monday 9/3 – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Tuesday 10/3 – Student Free Day (a joint professional development day for all schools within our local partnership)
- Thursday 19/3 – Harmony Day
- Friday 20/3 – Sports Day
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3 – Year 3-5 Swimming
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3 – Year 7 Aquatics
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3 – Year 6 Aquatics
- Wednesday 1/4 – School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4 – End of Term 1
Dates / Times to be confirmed
- Team Assemblies – R/1 and Year 2/3/4 and Year 5/6/7 classes
- Student-led conferences.
- Kidz Biz Ed’s Family Evening Sessions – Tuesday 11.02.20
- Sapsasa Sports
- Coronavirus Information Update
- BYO iPad Parent Induction Sessions 2020
- School Cricket 2020
- School Basketball 2020
- Mitcham Girls High School – Parent Information Evenings and Open Day/Night
- IGNITE – Aberfoyle Park High School
- Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply as needed.
- As per Bushfire procedures
- all students to have a labelled towel and water bottle kept in the class.
- Early Morning Arrival
- Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time.
- Classrooms are generally open from 8:40am and students may enter the buildings to put away their bags, talk to the teacher and get organised for the day.
- The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the school day.
- Staff Car Park and Local Traffic
- A friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only and for families displaying a ‘disability parking permit’. Keeping all children safe is our priority, so please do not use the staff car park to drop or collect children, unless pre-arranged with the front office.
- A reminder too, for all families and friends to exercise caution and patience at arrival and dismissal times. Traffic and parking regulations are in place and will be acted upon by Rangers from the Onkaparinga Council. We have had some complaints from local residents in Heath Lane have indicated illegal parking at pick up times and not being able to access their own driveways.