Thank you to all families who were able to attend our Acquaintance Evening last Tuesday (and Monday for the Year 1s). We hope you found the evening a valuable one and enjoyed the opportunity to have your child / children share in their learning routines as well as meeting their teachers.
We are nearing the midpoint of Term 1 with much ground covered over the first 4 weeks of school.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this week’s wrap.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky
- Great to see parents and friends getting together and booking a table for quiz night on Saturday night (29/2) – Olympic theme.
- It’s not too late to book a table – details here – or email school admin to book a table.
- Donations for prizes are gratefully accepted. If you have a business that could offer a donation that we could use for the silent auction, wine wall or prizes, we would be very grateful if you could please bring them to the front office or contact Sam on 0438219053. We will actively promote your business on the evening. Thank you.
Annual General Meeting
- Parents and caregivers are invited to attend our school’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday 24 February in the Library, commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm.
- Further details here.
School Sport Update
- Craigburn has a strong and proud history of students and families participating in after-hours school sports – including cricket, basketball, soccer and netball.Over the last few weeks, we have posted information regarding player registration for various sports and have also asked for parents to consider volunteering for coordinator and coaching roles. Please consider nominating for these roles regardless of your knowledge and / or experience – we assist in supporting parents / caregivers as much as possible. These roles can be shared if parents are unable to make a full commitment. Please contact Rob Warncken if you can assist in any way. Rob.Warncken732@schools.sa.edu.au
- Sapsasa Swimming – Best wishes to student participating this Friday evening at the Marion Outdoor Pool as part of the annual swimming carnival.
- Cross Country Running training starts this week, Wednesday after school – thank you to James Ralston (parent) who is coaching the students leading up to the district carnival at Belair in May.
- The first Team Assemblies will take place on Wednesday 4 March for Reception through to Year 4 classes. For classes in Year 5, 6 and 7 – the first assembly is set for Friday 6 March.
- Specific times for the R/1, Year 2-4 and Year 5-7 assemblies to be confirmed soon.
Dates to Remember
- Team Assemblies
- R, 1, 2, 3 and 4s – Wednesday 4 March – times to be confirmed.
- Year 5, 6 and 7 – Friday 6 March – 2.00pm
- Student Free Day – Tuesday 10 March
- Sports Day – Friday 20 March
- Coronavirus Update from the Department of Health – details here.
The Term Ahead
Please check in with these key dates / events on our 2020 school calendar
- Monday 24/2 – Annual General Meeting
- Wednesday 25/2 – Cross Country Running training starts
- Friday 28/2 – Sapsasa Swimming Carnival
- Saturday 29/2 – School Quiz Night
- Wednesday 4/3 – Reception – Year 4 Team Assemblies
- Friday 6/3 – Year 5 – 7 Team Assemblies
- Monday 9/3 – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Tuesday 10/3 – Student Free Day
- Thursday 19/3 – Harmony Day
- Friday 20/3 – Sports Day
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3 – Year 3-5 Swimming
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3 – Year 7 Aquatics
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3 – Year 6 Aquatics
- Wednesday 1/4 – School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4 – End of Term 1
- Annual General Meeting – Reminder
- Quiz Night – Tables Filling
- Heathfield High School Showcase Evening
- STEMTacular 29th February 2020
- Aberfoyle Park High School Open Night 2020
- Coronavirus Update
- Coromandel Community Centre – Movie in The Park
- Brighton Secondary Special Interest Volleyball Trials Yr 7
- Year 7 to high school information for parents
- Sapsasa Cross Country Running
- Soccer Coordinator Required