- Thank you to the parents and staff who attended our Annual General Meeting last Monday evening where reports were shared by various school groups who shared highlights and achievements of the 2019 school year.
- The Minister’s Volunteering Award was announced – details here. Congratulations Alice and Katrina.
- Elections were held for the 2020 governing council – with following parents elected to governing council for this year. Continuing members: Jane Syme, Catherine Argent, Kathryn Stone, Larissa Chapman. New Members: Steve Bottrill, Kylie Basley, Katelyn Adams, Belinda Cece, Lisa Barkham, Sam Slattery, Jodie Williams and Alice Hilberdink. The new governing council will convene soon to elect officer bearers – chairperson, secretary and treasurer.
- Following this governing council sub-committees will be formed with information shared to the community.
- Thank you also to Senior Leader, Nicky Taylor for sharing information on Interoception at the start of the meeting.
Staff Professional Development
- 12 x teaching staff attended an engaging and informative professional development workshop on Saturday on the topic of explicit instruction, presented by Associate Professor Lorraine Hammond from Edith Cowan University.
- A special acknowledgment to our teaching staff who are committed to ongoing professional learning on weekends.
- A fun and enjoyable night was had by all who attended the school’s quiz night on Saturday night. Parents / friends and staff got into the spirit of the fundraising event, dressing up ‘olympic style.’
- Twelve tables battled through ten rounds of questions from a range of disciplines. Throughout the night many fun games and silent auctions proved popular.
- Special thanks and acknowledgement to:
- The fundraising team, a marathon effort by the team in organising and running the night, led by Sam Slattery, Kathryn Stone, Alice Hilberdink, Kartina Manuel, Catherine Argent, Larissa Chapman and Leanne Delgado. A gold medal to you all.
- Quiz masters, Amy Harrison and Dave Hodgson for their excellent ‘mc-ing’ of the night.
- To all sponsors for your generous donations – greatly appreciated.
- All parents, staff and friends who came along and enjoyed the evening – and of course the winning team – as pictured.
- Part proceeds are being donated to local community country fire services, with other monies raised to fund outdoor seating and play spaces upgrades.
- House Team Leaders – Congratulations to all students who tried out for their respective House Teams in the lead up to Sports Day on Friday 20th March, with special acknowledgement to the students chosen to be house team leaders. Further details here.
- House Teams continue to meet in the lead up to Sports Day, with team leaders leading house chants and health hustle practice.
- Congratulations and well done to the students who represented Craigburn on Friday evening at the School Sports Swimming Carnival at the Marion Outdoor Pool. Thank you to Mr Warncken and families for supporting the team on the night.
The Week Ahead
- Next week on Wednesday 4th March, we host our first team assemblies for the year, where students and classes get to share their learning achievements with each other and families.
- Please check in with the recent post, Team Assemblies, for dates / times.
- R/1 Assembly from 9.00 to 9.30am Wednesday
- Year 2/3/4 Assembly from 10.00 to 10.45am Wednesday
- Year 5/6/7 Assembly from 2.00pm on Friday
- We understand that it’s not always possible for family members to make these times, however when you can attend them, your support is always valued and appreciated by students and staff.
Reminder – Student Free Day
- Tuesday week, 10th March is our first Student Free Day for the year. Our staff will be working on our site improvement plan priorities.
- OSHC will be open for bookings.
- Wednesday 4/3
- Reception / Year 1 Assembly 9:00 to 9.30am
- Year 2/3/4 Assembly 10.00 to 10.45am
- Friday 6/3
- Year 5 /6/ 7 Assembly 2.00 to 2.45pm
- Monday 9/3
- Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Tuesday 10/3
- Student Free Day
- Friday 13/3
- Thursday 19/3
- Harmony Day
- Friday 20/3
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3
- Year 3-5 Swimming
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3
- Year 7 Aquatics
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3
- Year 6 Aquatics
- Wednesday 1/4
- School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4
- End of Term 1
Best wishes to all for the week ahead – Paul, Rob and Nicky